Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualshock 4 touchpad remap doesn't work

Hello,
    I'm having trouble with remapping the touchpad on Dualshock 4. reWASD offers four zones on the touchpad and each can be mapped to a different button on the controller. So when I just touched (not pressed) any of the zones it would invoke some other button I specified. It worked like that a few months ago when I needed it last time. However, now the remapping doesn't seem to have any effect - the touchpad doesn't invoke any mapped buttons and works as it wasn't remapped at all (so the touchpad as such works just fine - it just ignores the custom mapping). Remapping functionality as such is fine as well - when I try to remap any other button it works. It's broken just for the touchpad.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thank you!

Hello!

Thanks for your post. Yes, seems that something is wrong with the gamepad mapping for touchpad zones, and we will investigate it and fix in the next version that is coming at the end of the month. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

In case you are using virtual Xbox buttons, everything works fine right now. Also, reWASD keyboard & mouse mappings can be used.

Comment

Is there any more info regarding this? Would be a great feature to work as it expands so many options for the dualshock in games such as Fortnite with being able to assign weapon slots directly to the touch pad! Epic support had approved of the use of reWASD btw as I contacted them about it! About to upload some stuff to reddit about instant keybinds on a scuf controller for weapons!

Comment

Hello,
        The task in progress, Will try to make it in a new version which next week planned to release or after the release. Will contact you directly with updated info.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by vasam View Post
          Hello,
          I'm having trouble with remapping the touchpad on Dualshock 4. reWASD offers four zones on the touchpad and each can be mapped to a different button on the controller. So when I just touched (not pressed) any of the zones it would invoke some other button I specified. It worked like that a few months ago when I needed it last time. However, now the remapping doesn't seem to have any effect - the touchpad doesn't invoke any mapped buttons and works as it wasn't remapped at all (so the touchpad as such works just fine - it just ignores the custom mapping). Remapping functionality as such is fine as well - when I try to remap any other button it works. It's broken just for the touchpad.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thank you!
          Hello!

We have released reWASD 5.0 recently. It includes the fix for touchpad zone issue. Thanks a lot for reporting about it.
          The full list of changes is here.

Comment

Working...
          X