Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When using virtual gamepad, A, B, X, and Y buttons are intermittently not activating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When using virtual gamepad, A, B, X, and Y buttons are intermittently not activating

Hi,

After some testing, it seems that when I use the virtual gamepad (and hiding the real controller), the A, B, X and Y buttons don't work properly. I tested them using the Windows Game Controller Settings after noticing issues during a game and it confirmed that it was not the game. It seems to only effect those 4 buttons. About a third of button presses don't activate and when they do, they sometimes deactivate before letting go of the button. No other button has this problem.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Hello,

Tell us more about virtual controller mappings? Do you have any mappings on XYBA, like gamepad controls or any keyboard mappings or it's native behavior of virtual controller? Any unmap are used?
    Can you also share the config file used for testing (it locates here - C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles)?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'm not home at the moment to get the configs, but I can definitely tell you that I tried a fresh config, no unmaps, just one button (L2) mapped to another button (Start) to trigger the virtual controller creation. No other mappings to changes. The problem reproduces. It only manifests in the virtual controller.

However! I noticed another thing... when I use another fresh config and only map an A, B, X or Y button (haven't tested the others yet) to a keyboard key (so no virtual controller created), when testing in Notepad, each button press registers two or three times. I think this related to the issue.

Comment

Attached config.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Seems that everything is working correctly. with both states. The attached config has only d-pad mapping with WASD, it fires directly and one time of press\release.

Therefore, please turn remap off and try to reproduce the problem http://joxi.net/xAeDZBGIR5EkX2. Also, specify do you have Steam installed and a controller connected on Steam?
          If so, please switch the controller support from Steam off as it could be a reason for duplicate presses.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Steam is not running and I have also tested it with remapping off and it works fine. It only happens when it's on.

One thing I should mention now is that I am not using an XBox controller, but instead I'm using a Leonardo Arduino board that is flashed with an XInput library.

Recently I’ve been playing around with building various alternative controller projects for games, typically using an Arduino-compatible microcontroller acting as an HID input device of some sort. The Arduino ecosystem makes it easy to set Read more…

If you scroll down the bottom, you'll see I had a conversation with the man who wrote it and he says he believes it's a "bouncing" issue. So I'm getting support from someone to help me add the "debouncing" library to the Leonardo board which may resolve the issue.

I'll let you know soon how I go. Thanks.

Comment

I see,

Well we didn't have a chance to do testing with this library, so, please let us know any updates regarding this case.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

OK, so the issue is now resolved.

It was in fact a bouncing issue. It was resolved by using the Arduino bounce2 library with the XInput library.

It looks like reWASD does not like bouncing inputs on Arduino boards. Maybe actual real Xbox controllers have inbuilt debouncing soft/firmware.

Also, while we are here, NBA Playgrounds 2 does not work with reWASD virtual gamepads. I had to use x360ce with reWASD virtual gamepads to get it working.

Any reason why this game doesn't work with reWASD virtual gamepads?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X