Possible bug with autodetect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bug with autodetect

I'd like to use Autodetect for specific games, but ReWASD is having trouble doing this.

Autodetct won't switch to the setting. In order for ReWASD to apply, I have to minimize this extremely unstable fullscreen game (it was released around 2009, which means this isn't some kind of a relic), and then hope it doesn't crash the computer or the game, and go back again.

Setting this is supposed to apply but doesn't until I need to minimize the game from fullscreen and go back to it again: https://i.imgur.com/GqYVTXG.png.

I noticed Star-Lord (dev) skipped this question. It would be appreciated if this is not overlooked.

Comment

Hello,
      Our apologies, that your question was out of my focus. So, autodetect is not working switching between your game and Desktop or other apps?

What execute files of the game are for associate apps? What game, btw? Did you use any emulators for this game? Please specify details, steps that would help us understand the problem.

Thank you in advance.
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Same problem here.

Examples:

Autodetect Working on:

GTAV (GTA5.exe)
        BorderlandsGOTYEnhanced (BorderlandsGOTY.exe)
        Farcry 3 (farcry3_d3d11.exe)
        Farcry 4 (farCry4.exe)
        Farcry 5 (farCry5.exe)

Autodetect Not Working on:

The Witcher 3 (witcher3.exe)
        DOOM (DOOMx64.exe)
        Borderlands 2 (Borderlands2.exe)
        Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (BorderlandsPreSequel.exe)
        PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (TslGame.exe)
        No Man's Sky (NMS.exe)

^Those executables are visible in Task Manager but ReWASD does not detect them.

Windows Store games like "Sea of thieves" or "Minecraft Windows 10" = Forget about it, can't even navigate and point to the executables of those games because the folders are blocked and protected.

Windows 10 1903 with the latest updates

Comment

Some games have additional processes that are active and should be used for the proper autodetect. The common idea is to add launchers to the list of associated apps.
          According to our findings, I would suggest you adding a few more:

Doom: DOOMx64vk.exe
          PUBG: AppMarket.exe;Europa_Client.exe;ExecPubg.exe

It is strange but other games in your list seems to be working according to our tests and reports from our customers. We are going to check them one more time and get back to you then.

As for Windows Store games, it is a known issue that Microsoft hides the *.exe files from users. We have some ideas about the workaround, so please stay tuned.

Comment

Found my problem, I thought checking "Autodetect associated apps " was sufficient, forgetting about the other button in some games. No man's sky, for example, is working now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Scar67 View Post
              Found my problem, I thought checking "Autodetect associated apps " was sufficient, forgetting about the other button in some games. No man's sky, for example, is working now.
              Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

By the way that is not me.

Basically, auto-detect doesn't work at first. I have to alt-tab this game out and open it again for it to work. The game is called DJMax Trilogy. It's a game I picked up from Play-Asia awhile ago.
                When it is activated, and the game is safely shut down, reWASD doesn't remove the settings unless I check the "remove settings at app shutdown" thingy. When it does, it will not change to any autodetect settings from then and on.

Comment

Originally Posted by sherisdoppel View Post
                  By the way that is not me.

Basically, auto-detect doesn't work at first. I have to alt-tab this game out and open it again for it to work. The game is called DJMax Trilogy. It's a game I picked up from Play-Asia awhile ago.
                  When it is activated, and the game is safely shut down, reWASD doesn't remove the settings unless I check the "remove settings at app shutdown" thingy. When it does, it will not change to any autodetect settings from then and on.
                  As I understood, the reWASD is keeping the game profile in focus after the game shut down. If so, go to the reWASD preferences and check this option http://joxi.net/L21zgGLsRWER1A. It allows disabling the config automatically when the process is out of focus.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post

As I understood, the reWASD is keeping the game profile in focus after the game shut down. If so, go to the reWASD preferences and check this option http://joxi.net/L21zgGLsRWER1A. It allows disabling the config automatically when the process is out of focus.
                    "Basically, auto-detect doesn't work at first. I have to alt-tab this game out and open it again for it to work." doesn't get fixed by that option. I had that option enabled already.

Comment

Originally Posted by sherisdoppel View Post

"Basically, auto-detect doesn't work at first. I have to alt-tab this game out and open it again for it to work." doesn't get fixed by that option. I had that option enabled already.
                      Are you sure that the correct process is checked in associations? Do you have any other autodetected configs?
                      We haven't tested reWASD with DJMax Trilogy but will try to find it and check from our side.

Comment

Working...
                      X