Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
altering output of very highly sensitve analog sticks
Collapse
X
-
medievil Did you ever good stick settings that matched native hardware feel? I tried the last ones you posted which I think helped but is hard to tell.. Thanks!
- Flag
-
Your setup is pretty interesting. Hope this one will suit you best!
We are working on adding more controllers to reWASD. I won't promise you the fast update but hope you will be able to use those gamepads in our app in a while
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
and I got a decent (best so far) xinput going with this config (reversed y is not permenent... xinput and dinput have them opposite each other)
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
ok, while I am at it, can support be added for my OG xbox, GC and retrolink n64 controllers? they are all standard dinput
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
Those Chinese gamepads have lots of mysteries, haven't they? :satisfied:
Great to know that you find a workaround.
Yes, you are correct. The bigger Y value is, the higher output you get. X stands for physical movement — from none to full.
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
ok, so as you go across the bottom it is bigger stick movement from none to full??.. that helps a lot to know!!
Ahhh found a solution I think.... I have to use it in dinput mode, xinput seems to be the wonky control, smooth using it in Retroarch as dinput works perfecty..I will just loose rumble since retroarch, rumble and dinput is not stable...reWASD even lets me map the "xbox button to a key (where as xinpput sees it as a button on it's own)
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
Unfortunately, without a controller I'm not sure if I can find the proper curve.
I will try to explain how it works, and will recommend you to try different options by yourself.
X axis shows the physical stick deflection. Y axis shows which output you get.
As you can see above, I have about 1/4 of output while I move stick from the deadzone to 1/2. Then, I get bigger output.
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
I have tried your second suggestion, same issue, by 1/2 stick it is full run...there is no or very limited walk area (it is 3 stages.. tip toe= slight movement of the stick, walk= medium movement, and run= full movement)
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
super mario 64 is the game... retroarch using the mupen 64 plus next core is the emulator.....it's the controller for sure, was hoping that I could use reWASD to change it, even with it altered the jump from walk to run is so fast, while the usb n64 clone controller is smooth you don't hit full run until almost full stick... I am hitting it 1/2 stick with reWASD and 1/4 stick without reWASD...
I wish I had an easy way to demonstrate it... the stick is hyper sensitive to movement... (same with the og xbox clone and the Gamecube clone)... I am looking for a program to graph the curve so I can compare the n64 usb to the generic clones
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
Great news, that makes sense now.
Well, you need to tune it more I think. This one may help:
Here, the character should move slower while the stick deflection is small and then run.
Could you please apply this one and try it in the game?
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
I need to correct something, I tried your suggested curve again, and I was wrong... well it does make it worse, but before I didn't have the remap enabled... with it enabled, the character barely moves so the out put is waaay too low...
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
not the emulator..I have a retrolink n64 usb controller that works fine with the emulator(though not supported by reWASD)..unfortunately my other generic cone controllers (retro power og xbox and gamecube) are not supported by reWASD, but they, like the generic 360 controller run almost immediately(all 3 are made in china and probably output raw uncalibrated numbers form the analog sticks)
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
Does this happen only with a specific gamepad? Could you try the game with any other device, so we can be sure that it is not connected to the emulator?
- Flag
Leave a comment:
-
I don't know...default, it goes to full on run almost as soon as you move the stick, very lightly twitch it and he will walk but not tip toe... with your curve it is just full on run....with the one I made, he tip toes and walks before running... I am not sure how the curve sections work, but the middle 2 dots seem to make the most difference for where the top end kicks in... and the first one, the higher on the scale, the better the bottom end (tip toe, walk) response is
- Flag
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: