Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

altering output of very highly sensitve analog sticks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by medievil View Post
    I use the controller in the emulators just as 360 (or whatever the other generics name themselves)you settings actually made it worse ..but did help me in that I didn't know you could bring the last one all the way over and kill the top end.....ultimately I had to kill all deadzone cause this generic 360 controller apparently starts from zero right away, no deadzone cushioning so the settings I used are below...I can tiptoe in marios 64 using retroarch and mupen now.. before he would full run almost immediately
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1583
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	217056
    Sorry I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

    The settings you used before are almost similar for the default stick response curve. The one that allows you to get 32k output when you maximize the stick deflection.
    If you want to get a smaller output, you need to reduce "Y" value. Here is what I have done in my first post. With that curve, your stick output is much lower than it is. Isn't it the thing you wanted to achieve? How could this curve make everything worse?

    Leave a comment:


  • medievil
    replied
    I use the controller in the emulators just as 360 (or whatever the other generics name themselves)you settings actually made it worse ..but did help me in that I didn't know you could bring the last one all the way over and kill the top end.....ultimately I had to kill all deadzone cause this generic 360 controller apparently starts from zero right away, no deadzone cushioning so the settings I used are below...I can tiptoe in marios 64 using retroarch and mupen now.. before he would full run almost immediately
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1583
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	217056

    Leave a comment:


  • reWASDer
    replied
    Hello!

    Have you tried to create to create a curve that looks like this:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2d78313ddf.jpg
Views:	1744
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	217054

    Your stick should move only a little even when you push it to maximum.

    Also, I have one more question. How do you actually use the controller in emulator? Do you switch it to Xbox 360 or use keyboard mappings?

    Leave a comment:


  • altering output of very highly sensitve analog sticks

    Is it possible?? as most know cheaper controllers often have very twitchy analog... full on movement with only small amounts of stick pressure.. is It possible to alter this?? I've played around with altering the curve, but the stick still jumps from walk to run in an instant (using retroarch and mupen n64 emulator to do my tests since emu games are preset for analog)..Ideally, I'd like for a high range (current 360 clone controller I have goes to something like 32768 +/-) to something a little more realistic...I know the hardware solutions allow you to set top, bottom and mid point numbers... so Ideally, take the input, allow a set midpoint number (actually half of the 32768 number) and out put a smoother 0-320 +/- like so:
    32768 in = 320 out
    16339 in = 160 out
    0 in = 0 out

    it would make all these cheap controllers actually usable (I am talking all the GC, Xbox, PS/2/3 and n64 cheap knockoffs you can buy for a few dollars)
Working...
X