Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Keyborard Layouts

Hi,

Thank you for reWASD, it makes couch gaming way more fun.

Just wanted to share on a tiny frustration caused by the way keyboard layouts are dealt with within reWASD.

I use a French keyboard layout (and physical keyboard too). I would expect, despite I use a different keyboard layout, that when I tell reWASD to sent a "comma", it does send a "comma", surely if I chose the "comma" key to press in the drop down list or click it on the virtual keyboard in the combo screen.

But ReWASD doesn't

In order to send a "comma" I need to configure reWASD to send "M" key instead, which is the US layout physical position of the "comma" key using the French keyboard layout.

Same occurs with all keys that are elsewhere on the keyboard."A" and "Q" "Z" and "W" etc.

I guess it's the same for all users with different keyboard layouts than the standard US one. And perhaps the issue was already raised. Not a real big deal. But it requires more motivation from international users. And of them some may be fooled in thinking reWASD is not a great piece of software which is completely false.

reDSAW

Hello!

Hm, interesting question and it is raised for the first time

reWASD allows you hook the keyboard keys (when reWASD mapping drop-down list is focused, you can press a key and it will be selected from the list). So, when you press "French" comma on your physical keyboard, does "M" key appears in this list?

Comment

Yes indeed. This is exactly what happens. Pressing the comma key when drop down is focused, selects letter M

Comment

Got it! Will investigate it and try to fix in the upcoming versions.
        Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Comment

Hi. May I suggest you fix this by adding a setting such as "alternate method" option so that not all international users have to update their configuration to the new way once the issue is addressed.

Comment

We already have some ideas but need a bit more investigation.
            Could not test it yet, waiting for the delivery from the online shop :satisfied:
            Frankly speaking, no one in our team ever used a non-QWERTY keyboard.

Comment

Good Day! Any update on this one?

Comment

Hello,

Still working on it. We will let you know immediately once the feature is released.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello!

Any headway? Germany here. Same issue. Can't use reWASD easily with a German keyboard.

Thanks!

Jera

Comment

Hello!

Which keyboard and layout do you have? Will try to make them all supported in reWASD :satisfied:

Comment

Hi,

I have a Belgian azerty Corsair K68.
                      It's not only what's send out that's wrong, also the trigger key will the qwerty key equivalent.

Some examples where it gets a bit confusing:
                      If I setup WASD to map 'Q' on my keyboard to 'M' in reWASD, it will actually type a comma ',' when I press 'A'.
                      If I setup WASD to map 'A' on my keyboard to ';' in reWASD, it will actually type a comma 'M' when I press 'Q'.

Screenshot to make what's happening a bit more clear:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	reWASD-azerty.png
Views:	443
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	221354

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Hello excusemi,
                        Unfortunately, we do not support AZERTY keyboards at the moment, so the issues could have happened because reWASD doesn't work with it. Will try to add AZERTY support next releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Why dosent this work yet? I need norwegian layout.

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                            Hello,

Still working on it. We will let you know immediately once the feature is released.
                            3 years ago and still nothing...

Comment

Working...
                            X