Using Impulse Triggers (trigger vibration) with Rewasd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Impulse Triggers (trigger vibration) with Rewasd

I'm having the problem that as soon as I apply my profile, Impulse Triggers no longer function in games like Forza. I expect this is because the controller becomes "virtual xbox360" not "virtual xbox one" and therefore the game stops activating impulse triggers (vibrating triggers).

Everything else works fine, and as soon as I turn remap off, the impulse triggers work again, so assume the game is just picking up a 360 not an xbox One controller.

Is there any workaround for this?

cheers

Hello,

Thank you for your reporting. Going to reproduce this issue, but may I ask you why do you need to use virtual xbox360 controller? What mapping do you have? Please send us the Forza config (the config you may find here - C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles).
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply

I can upload the config but just to check I'm not doing something silly: all I want to do is have two buttons activate when I press one, i.e. when I press Y I want Y + RB to be activated. For this I click on Y, choose 'Key Combo', add both buttons and choose "Hold Until Release". This works perfectly - but means that the controller is seen as 'virtual 360 controller' and I suspect therefore the impulse triggers are not seen by the game (since the 360 controller doesn't have them).

Is there a way to map one button to activate two button functions, without using the virtual controller?

cheers

Comment

Hey there!

Yes, seems you are doing everything correct.
        Do you get any vibration? Xbox 360 do not have rumble in triggers but it has rumble still. Sorry for so many questions, we haven't a chance to test it in game yet.

In the meantime, I would suggest you create the same combo but using keyboard keys.
        Go to the in-game settings and check which keys correspond to RB and Y. Create the relevant combo, unmap Y button and try it in action.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          Hey there!

Yes, seems you are doing everything correct.
          Do you get any vibration? Xbox 360 do not have rumble in triggers but it has rumble still. Sorry for so many questions, we haven't a chance to test it in game yet.

In the meantime, I would suggest you create the same combo but using keyboard keys.
          Go to the in-game settings and check which keys correspond to RB and Y. Create the relevant combo, unmap Y button and try it in action.

The main vibration does work, yes. The problem is only the Impulse Triggers, which only exist on an Xbox One controller and not on a 360 controller (hence why I think they stop working once it becomes a virtual '360' controller).

Binding to keyboard commands works but creates a new problem - the game briefly pauses input from the controller when it detects a keyboard input. So a steering axis for example briefly resets (for a second or so) while the keyboard input activates.

Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

I see, thanks for the tests.

To avoid switching between two input devices, you need to unmap the controller and switch each and every button to the relevant keyboard or mouse action. Not the best option as for you are using only one combo but it will certainly work.

We will run some test from our side too and will try to find other possible solutions.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              I see, thanks for the tests.

To avoid switching between two input devices, you need to unmap the controller and switch each and every button to the relevant keyboard or mouse action. Not the best option as for you are using only one combo but it will certainly work.

We will run some test from our side too and will try to find other possible solutions.

Thanks for the fast replies; you guys do a good job with this product.

The problem with switching all buttons to the keyboard or mouse action is that the game doesn't have mouse control and the keyboard can't simulate an analogue control (so the full analogue range of a stick/trigger wouldn't register).

Presently, if for example, the right trigger is held at 50% and a keyboard shortcut is activated, the trigger briefly blips to zero input while the game changes between controller and 'keyboard', and then back again. So the in-game telemetry this shows as the trigger going 50%-0%-50% (while being held constant at 50%) during the instant the keyboard shortcut activates.

In a lot of games the impulse triggers probably aren't too important but in a driving game like forza7 it provides a lot of feedback for grip, braking, etc.

It may not be fixable but just something I wanted to check here in case there was a way.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, we didn't make it check this issue in the game, therefore, can't giving some comment at the moment. After testing we will have some information to comment for sure.

Our apologies for the inconvenient.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words and detailed explanation. Will try to find some workaround if it is possible.

Comment

Just checking to see if there had been progress on this issue, e.g. a virtual Xbox One controller rather than Xbox360, to let the game use the Impulse triggers.

Keep up the great work

Comment

It is a huge task to do, so I can't tell you the exact version in which this functionality will be available. I would be happy to let you know when it is released.

Comment

Hi there,

Has there been any luck getting the Impulse Triggers to work in games that support it? As in the "Virtual XBox One Controller" rather than "Virtual 360 Controller"

I know in 5.4.0 you can set the rumble of the triggers but it's not quite the same with games like Forza where the game feeds back to the triggers the wheel locking while braking or wheel spin / loosing grip while accelerating.

I've only just bought reWASD and I am pretty impressed with it already.

Oh, I was hoping to not bind keyboard shortcuts as I wanted the game to detect the XB1 Controller.

Thanks,
                        Jaison

Comment

Welcome here, Jaison!

Great to know that you like reWASD.
                          At the moment, yes, we create only virtual Xbox 360 and DS4 controller, Xbox One is still in our plans. Stay tuned!

Comment

Hello, are there any progress on this topic? I want support for impulse triggers too, pretty please.

Comment

Hello jlhcmx , Jaison , PatTotem

The latest reWASD version supports a virtual Xbox One controller. Using it, you won't lose the trigger motors playing the games that support this functionality.

Would be happy to get your feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X