Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to have virtual controller be detected as physical input device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to have virtual controller be detected as physical input device?

Is there anyway to have virtual controller be detected as a physical input device such as keyboard? I never been good with mouse and keyboard so I use an xbox controller to play with on PC, I was trying to map keyboard buttons to my controller with reWASD and I have an external program that I use that detects keyboard and mouse input to steady recoil based on weapon detection in game and it doesnt work with game controllers because as soon as the controller is initiated it swaps from keyboard and mouse input to virtual controller and renders the side program useless. Seems reWASD uses virtual controller input as well.

Originally Posted by NATENEX View Post
    Is there anyway to have virtual controller be detected as a physical input device such as keyboard? I never been good with mouse and keyboard so I use an xbox controller to play with on PC, I was trying to map keyboard buttons to my controller with reWASD and I have an external program that I use that detects keyboard and mouse input to steady recoil based on weapon detection in game and it doesnt work with game controllers because as soon as the controller is initiated it swaps from keyboard and mouse input to virtual controller and renders the side program useless. Seems reWASD uses virtual controller input as well.
    Hello!

It happens because the game detects the native controller behavior, so you need to switch it off. There is Unmap button on each frame in reWASD. Once you click it, you will see "unmap" icon associated with the controller button. When all gamepad buttons and controls (including stick moves) are unmapped, the game won't detect a controller anymore and you will get keyboard actions only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7f914fe82f.jpg
Views:	2366
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	217109

Comment

Holy crap, you guys thought of everything! I am thoroughly impressed! Thanks for your help. This is one of the most versatile programs I have come across.

Comment

You are welcome! Have the great gaming experience :satisfied: and feel free to ask about anything here.

Comment

I ended up buying all the add on features. How do you map 2 controller button presses (simultaneously) to execute one keyboard command?

Comment

Welcome aboard

You need Shortcuts:

Name:	3fc58cf14f.jpg
Views:	1206
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	217114

Press the icon to switch to the list of Shortcuts. Click Add (1), choose up to 4 buttons that will be pressed together (2) and add a reWASD mapping (3) or Key Combo.
            Please note that you can see and adjust shortcuts only when you have connected and chosen your gamepad as a current device.

Comment

Ok great, last question. I am playing Apex Legends and currently have my left controller stick set to the WASD key bindings unmapped. I need the left stick to be "mapped" from the point I hold the X controller key until the point that I press the B controller button, at which point the left stick should "unmap" so that the WASD key bindings re-engage.

Long story short, this will allow me to use the WASD key bindings when moving and firing but allow me to use the controller joystick when looting death boxes in-game so that the mouse cursor doesn't show up and use the same sensitivity as movement.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the game controls and hope I understand you correctly. If not, please let me know

So, you need your stick to be remapped to WASD while you hold X button, right?

You can do it with Shift mode.

Name:	c3f0b9874b.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	217123

Choose Shift 1 (1), then set your X button as a Shift modifier (2). I have DS4 controller at hand but I hope it is still clear.

Then, inside this Shift, map your Stick to WASD + Unmap.

If there is nothing else mapped to Stick inside Main configuration, then Stick will be mapped to WASD only when X button is pressed. Thus, when X button is not pressed, your Stick goes to the normal state.

If you have Stick mapped to keyboard actions in Main configuration (Shift 0) too, and you need it to act like a Stick ONLY when you press and hold B button, then B should be your second Shift modifier (1):

Name:	a622637066.jpg
Views:	1108
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	217124

You will need to set each and every Stick direction to "Do not inherit" (3) in order to override keyboard actions while you press B (2).

I hope it will help!

Comment

Working...
                X