Keyboard & mouse not working in windows after installing reWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard & mouse not working in windows after installing reWASD

So after installing this to record a gamepad macro, my peripherals have stopped working within windows but work fine in the BIOS or startup tools, the peripherals will be detected by windows when un/replugged and light up for about 5 seconds before dying again.
    The same thing happens within safe mode also.

Start up repair finds nothing and System restore has also been unsuccessful and failed to restore from two different points. 1 day and 1 week ago, error (0x8007025d)

I have also tried using a phone app I have that allows you to use a m&kb via wifi but also to no avail.

So any suggestions would be great as this is driving me nuts!

Hello,

I have been told that you have also contacted us via Facebook. Is the problem still relevant? I've tried to add some screenshots to the procedure if it will help following steps more easily.

1. Reboot your PC + tap F8 to enter BIOS

2. Go to Troubleshooting -> Advanced options -> and start the command line

3. Start regedit.exe from that limited command line

4. Open any directory in the left panel (select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).

5. Click File -> Load hive, find your system disc (the disc letter can be changed so, you need to find the letter that used to be your system disc, i.e C then C:\Windows\System32\Config and find SYSTEM file - http://dl3.joxi.net/drive/2019/08/05...b3c7ddeb89.png
    Open it and enter any key name that helps you to identify this folder (like this screenshot which I named my system - http://dl3.joxi.net/drive/2019/08/05...eb75b57088.png).

6. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MY SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet01\Services\hidgamemap and select Start and set 0 value there - http://dl4.joxi.net/drive/2019/08/05...02281e3da6.png

7. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MY SYSTEM in the left panel, press File -> Upload hive - http://dl3.joxi.net/drive/2019/08/05...bb34064b5b.png
    8. Reboot your PC again.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey, just had my mouse quit on me right after first install of REWASD, but have found a fix as an alternate to the above. Wanted to share in case it helps somebody.

My specific case was on a laptop and likely only applies to other laptop users. It was the touchpad that stopped working for me specifically. Luckily still had my keyboard functional though.

Hit Windows key+X, selected search using my arrow keys, searched for "touchpad settings". The option for "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" needs to be selected as REWASD essentially acts as an external mouse being connected to your PC. Once the program installs, your PC will deactivate your touchpad.

You can also try scrolling further down in touchpad settings and selecting "reset your touchpad" if that does not work.

I know it's just one of likely many potential fixes, but who knows, maybe it'll help somebody down the line.
      ​​​

Comment

Thanks for your post! Yep, this is a tricky Windows setting related to touchpad.
        Great to know that you have sound the solution quickly.

Comment

I am having the same issue, I followed the instructions and on getting to step 6 "hidgamemap" did not exist for me, and so I still can't log on to windows at all. Wondering if there are changes to this process since it was last done, any updates would be great.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fab101nc3rt1 View Post
            I am having the same issue, I followed the instructions and on getting to step 6 "hidgamemap" did not exist for me, and so I still can't log on to windows at all. Wondering if there are changes to this process since it was last done, any updates would be great.
            Hello,
            Please, specify more detailed regarding the case you have, step by step to understand in full. What reWASD version? How did you installed the software and what happened then?
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X