Xbox Elite stop working randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite stop working randomly

Ok, since no one respond any of my emails I decided to open my case here. Hope this forum is not dead either.

My Xbox Elite controller stop working randomly. Im playing Warframe which is launch through Steam. I did my homework and disable ALL steam controller support. Now, the game have their own controller configuration, so I need it to modify only three buttons. The problem is that while using reWASD my controller stop working randomly several times a day. Every time this happen I have to restart the PC in order to get back my controller functionality. I will try to add some screenshots and a screen capture to show some of the Steam disable config. I test the controller without reWASD for the entire day which was 9 hours of play and not a single time the controller stop working. So definitely is reWASD problem.

Attached Files

Hello,

According to the screenshot the controller plugs via a cable so no issue with power managing. Therefore it possible that you have hotkeys for slots switching activated. Please open Preference (1), Slots (2) and check whether Slot 1- 4 are set. Please disable these options if they aren't used or simply change the hotkeys to other ones.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

According to the screenshot the controller plugs via a cable so no issue with power managing. Therefore it possible that you have hotkeys for slots switching activated. Please open Preference (1), Slots (2) and check whether Slot 1- 4 are set. Please disable these options if they aren't used or simply change the hotkeys to other ones.
      I test your recommendation. Didn't work. The controller keep stopping randomly.

I turn off reWASD mapping again to test it out this new method and the controller work just fine. Everything point to reWASD problem. Whats the problem?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for feedback.

Back to the above screenshots, did you hide the physical controller or keep both active when you got this message? May I ask you to hide the physical controller, open joy.cpl and check that there is a virtual controller instead of your real one. Open the game then and keep gaming until the problem reproduces (when your controller stops responding). Then open joy.cpl again and check what controller is there virtual or any else.

Also, could it be that you stop your mapping with pressing one of these sequences - View/Back/Share/Minus + Menu/Start/Options/Plus + LB/L1/L + RB/R1/R - https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functi...-features.html
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I found the problem. It was Steam. I knew it was Steam messing with my controller. There was another setting in Steam that I had to disable. I have to go to Steam settings controller and HIDE the controller. I attached a screen recording for anyone in the future having this problem. I played Warframe for about 4 hours with no problems at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
            Thanks for try to help. Appreciated.

Comment

Thanks a lot for letting us know!

Comment

Started doing it again. I give up. I didnt pay for a software to have headaches. And BTW you guys reWASD team you havent answer my emails. Why you have email support if you are not going to answer?

Comment

Hello,

1. I replied to your ticket on October 18, 2019. Check your spam filter.

2. This is strange controller behavior caused by 3rd party processes intrusion, like Steam. You've mentioned that the problem was sorted out by disabled the Stem controller support. Are any changes that Steam settings were reset and now the controller seen Steam as well? More important can you see the virtual device (the one reWASD created) in the system? Like, do you see the virtual controller in joy.cpl when it stopped working?
                  In case yes, this is not a reWASD issue and something interferes reWASD process.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                  X