Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Key Combo] Recording is not working at all in any associated apps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Key Combo] Recording is not working at all in any associated apps.

Hello ReWASD team,

How can I record a macro if I am already in an associated app ?

Because sometimes I can't record a macro from scratch and need to do it in game.

I'm gonna ask for a refund if I need to use another recorder and manually do the job again in yours.

Thank you for your help.

Hello!

You need to start the recording and then open the game. In the game, perform the actions you want to record. Then, get back to reWASD and stop the recording. It may be a chance that you will see some other keyboard keys that have been recorded accidentally when you switched between the game and the app, so please remove them.

Comment

Hello reWASDer,

I'm affraid that this doesn't work at all after following your tips. The game is already added to the associated apps, and any manual combo works.

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Florian

Comment

Thanks for your report, indeed, seems that recording stops ones you switch to another app.
        We will definitively investigate this case and will try to fix it in one of the next versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          Thanks for your report, indeed, seems that recording stops ones you switch to another app.
          We will definitively investigate this case and will try to fix it in one of the next versions.
          That's nice to hear!

Is there any shortcut to start the recording apart from the button ? Because when I use the button I've nocited that the recording only works in the ReWasd window and didn't worked at all when I just switched back to the desktop ...

If not I don't know how it is supposed to work in the current state if the record won't work if the ReWasd record window is not active ...

Thank you for your help again.

Florian

Comment

There is no shortcut right now but thanks for this awesome suggestion. We will definitely take it into account.
            The next version is coming soon but unfortunately it is already over-packed with the new features, so we will get back to the background combo recording in the release that will come after this one.
            Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              There is no shortcut right now but thanks for this awesome suggestion. We will definitely take it into account.
              The next version is coming soon but unfortunately it is already over-packed with the new features, so we will get back to the background combo recording in the release that will come after this one.
              Stay tuned!
              Great, if this can work with a shortcut it would be awesome. I was trying to record a macro in a steam game, just in case you will need to work things differently for that one.

Comment

Thanks for the details!

Comment

Any news regarding that matter ?

Comment

Unfortunately, this option won't be added to the next version, but we will move it in our to-do list and will try to implement in one of the upcoming releases.

Comment

Hello,

We have released ver. 5.4 version where you can record combos when the reWASD windows out of focus, like when you in the game. Please, update your current version and try the feature in-game.

Let us know any results.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                      X