Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to configure a button to open a specific window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to configure a button to open a specific window?

I have three instances of Final Fantasy XI open. I'd like a button that maps to the window specific to each character.

Is this possible?

Alt+Tab can work for back and forth, but it requires a 'hold' to go further than 1:2:1 and it becomes too difficult due to the speed of the selection. Ideally, mapping a button to a specific window/app would make things easier.

I was unable to figure it out. I'd love to hear suggestions. Thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

As I understood 3 instances are3 separate windows running at the same time and belong to f Final Fantasy XI process, like Final_Fantasy.exe, it's the same game. They also open with one executable file, right?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Same game, but they open with 'Windower' a third party application. Each window is granted the name of the character you've logged in as.

Comment

Hello,

I'm afraid no as the Windower has a single process that launches for 3 windows with logged characters, hasn't it? If it's a separate exe file, it's possible to set a shortcut for a certain exe file and run it. Otherwise, reWASD doesn't provide the requested option.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi. Maybe you can accomplish this with a combination of reWasd and AutoHotkey. There is a lib called "WinGetAll()" that may help.
          Basically, have a ahk script that detects all opened Windows title, then set in ahk a keyboard shortcut to open your specific game character named window. And if you know the window's name, you don't even have to use Win get all. Use instead something like this:
          Code:
          ^f1::   ; which is CTRL+F1...replace to whatever keys you want.. 
          WinActivate, Window Title ; -- the title of your window that matches the character you want...Repeat for every window title you have, changing ofc the shortcut keys
          Return
          Then, you just set in reWasd the shortcut that you used in AHK for each "profile".

I should mention that I DID NOT test this, so i don't know if its working for you or not, you can try it though, maybe it will help.
          Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion!

By the way, if you truly can distinguish the app .exe file and create a shortcut for it, you will be able to set a keyboard shortcut to it too without AHK.
            Then, map this shortcut as a combo in reWASD.

Something like this:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7927413012.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	217762

The main problem is to find the needed .exe file.

Comment

Hmmm, that's too bad. Thanks for the insights though! I'll have to live with crazy controls on my elite controller.

Comment

Would be great if you try the suggestions above.

Anyway, we also think about the feature that will allow you to open/switch to some process tapping the controller's button. It is still in development, but it will be added to reWASD in one of the upcoming versions.

Comment

Working...
                X