Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ReWASD + Red Dead Redemption 2 on pc stops the player from being able to shoot arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReWASD + Red Dead Redemption 2 on pc stops the player from being able to shoot arrows

Hi,

I was trying ReWASD as I was playing Red Dead Redemption.
    I was happy to being able to remap the paddles of my XBOX elite controller v1.

BUT, using ReWASD mapping stops me from shooting arrows.
    I can still fire any gun with a combination of LT and RT. But I can not draw the arrows anymore while the progam remapping is on.

As soon as I turn off remapping and normal gamepad functions resume, I can once mopre hold and release arrows within the game.

This is gamebreaking and forbids to use Red Dead Redemption 2 with ReWASD it seems.

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

As I understand the LT\RT is for weapons selecting, how arrows firing should work? How did you set mappings?
    May I also ask to send the config file used for the game (it is stored here C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles)
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

There you go.

The aiming is supposed to be done as follows :
      - Aim with the LT button when you have a gun equipped.
      - Fire with the RT while aiming.

Now for the boat it is a bit different as :
      - LT aims the bow
      - RT draws the bow and arrow is let loose on release.

When ReWASD is enabled, LT aims the bow as usual but RT does not seem to do anything.
      But firing a gun works ok.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

I've modified your config slightly, so now it doesn't use the virtual controller (I have used gamepad mapping sections for bumpers on paddles). I would kindly ask you to try the new one to see how it works now.

To import it, just double-click the file after it is downloaded.
        Attached Files

Comment

I was really excited to try it out but the same behavior happens.
          Nothing happens when aiming and pulling the right trigger with the bow equipped.

I guess they use some special event on trigger pull and release for the bow somehow ?
          Thanks for the help though, will keep on testing if you want.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!
            Right now, the triggers do not have any mappings, so they work as usual. The only guess I have now is that while you use paddles with keyboard mappings and triggers with native behavior, the game switches between two inputs, and it causes lags. Am I right, do you use paddles while aiming and shooting arrows?

Comment

I don't use the paddles while aiming shooting, I noticed some light lag happening when mixing control but here when I deactivate rewasd, test with normal joypad its working then reactivate thee rewasd mapping and only touch LT to aim and RT to draw, well it does not work, straight after it worked ok with rewasd mapping disabled.

Comment

In your config, there is also one additional setting for trigger: you have limited the trigger travel zone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8ded13c4fb.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	217822

Could you please try to minimize the grey zone and try it in action?

Comment

I had tested that after, pout it back to default but doesn't work still.

Comment

I see, thanks for trying.
                    We will try to check this config in the game and then go back to you with our findings. It may take some time.

Comment

No worries, thanks for the help !
                      Best new year wishes

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. We've checked your attached config in the game and seems to be that everything is working. Using virtual controller input you come up to the horse and select bow with arrows from the radial menu. LT is for aiming, RT is for shooting, aim and shoot. It also no problem with keyboard and controller inputs as one of the paddles has activators with keyboard mapping and changing the first\third person view I'm able to aim&shoot using triggers.

Therefore, something else is causing the problem:

- Check the autodetect. Do you use it? What configs are used for autodetect and what slots?
                        - Slots. Any else configs are in slots after apply? Please remove other configs from slots and use only the provided one.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                        X