Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticks have a dead zone, vibration doesn't stop, sticks are inverted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticks have a dead zone, vibration doesn't stop, sticks are inverted.

Hello. I bought rewasd. I have an XBOX gamepad, I need to emulate Dualshock 4 for PSNOW. When the remap turns on, both sticks have a significant dead zone near the 0 mark. Often vibration doesn't stop and it vibrates again. It is rare that sticks are defined as inverted on the left and on the right stick, the top is the bottom, and the bottom is the top.

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

There is a setting where you may increase dead zone ti make the stick less sensitive. More details here - https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functi...ger-zones.html.
    Please, specify about vibration? Are you talking about reWASD rumble that sets for digital buttons or game vibration? And the behavior with stick swapping is weird.

May I ask you to share your config file? What games do you try to play? Do reported problems reproduce out of the game (like https://html5gamepad.com/ online tester or joy.cpl)?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello, thank you for the help with the dead zones all is perfect!!!!
      I'm talking about game vibration. When I jump in game and land, the gamepad vibrates slightly, sometimes it starts and does not stop until I jump again and land a couple of times.
      What config file do you need?
      The game is Hprizon Zero Down and Rocket league on PS NOW.
      In the attachment logs made by rewasd during incorrect vibration and axis changes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for the logs. Could you please share a bit more information about your gamepad? Is it an official Xbox controller? What model is it? How do you connect it — wired or wireless?
        We will try to reproduce the issue from our side to see why it happens.
        Have you noticed only one game with rumble issue or does it happen with any game and reWASD?

As for the config Star-Lord asked, it is the configuration with reWASD settings. Please go to this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
        There, find the folder with game name, open it and send me the *.rewasd file you will see there.

Comment

Hello!

Gamepad is wired. Model MSI GC-20, it has hardware emulation XBOX gamepad
          As a world leading gaming brand, MSI is the most trusted name in gaming and eSports. We stand by our principles of breakthroughs in design, and roll out the amazing gaming gear like motherboards, graphics cards, laptops and desktops.

There are few games that normally accept a DS4 gamepad. In all PS Now games, vibration does not stop. I tried to start MadMax and FarCry 4 there is no vibration in them when emulating DS4.

I use a standard profile "PS4 remote play" Perofiles in attachments.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the logs and profile. The profile is standard indeed. The logs contain extremely small pieces of information to conclude the problem causer. I think the problem relates either controller (exact the MSI GC-20) or the PNow service itself.

1. Please check if the problem reproduces with https://html5gamepad.com/ service. Plugin controller and emulate the DS4 virtual one. Open the provided link and press test vibration. The rumble should start and stop automatically. Check your behavior. Would the vibration stop or keep triggering?

2. Do you have some games installed on your PC? Please check it without PSNow. Plug the controller, create a virtual one and run the game installed on the PC. Try to reproduce the reported problem as well.

Let us know any results.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello! It looks like a controller.
              In the vibration test on html5gamepad.com it also does not stop.
              1 click on the test - normal vibration
              2 click test - normal vibration
              3 click test - vibration does not stop
              4 click test - vibration does not stop
              5 click test - vibration does not stop
              6 click test - vibration stopped

logs in the attachment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your report. Now we know the real problem causer. Unfortunately, reWASD doesn't support this particular device officially so, we can't explain why the rumble behaves like this. Perhaps it possible to update the firmware or contact the official MSI support team to request some details.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I took a DS4 gamepad for the test, there is no vibration problem. is reWASD able to emulate a gyroscope when connecting Dualshock 4 via bluetooth?

Comment

Hello,

Not yet, but we have plans adding gyro support next release, the feature is being tested actively. The approximate release time - Spring.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the information. It is a pity of course that this gamepad did not work out. I will solve the problem by purchasing DS4. Anyway, I had wanted him for a long time. Waiting for gyro)))

Comment

I would also like to participate in beta testing, if possible.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Usually, we do not use beta testing but it good to know that there are customers who willing to take a part. It's cool.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi there,

Happy to inform you that the gyro feature has been released. Please, update your current version to the latest 5.3 (Preferences - Check for updates).
                            This is a detailed tutorial - https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap/controller.html.

Besides the gyro feature new other features, bug fixes and improvements you may see this topic.
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello!
                              Updated, tried.
                              Everything works fine! Еhanks for your work. I use the gyroscope as the right stick for now.
                              In the “until down” game, the gyro is used to control the character.
                              Is it planned to redirect gyro motion of a physical gamepad to reWASD DS4 as gyro motion and not sticks WASD or mouse?

Comment

Working...
                              X