Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller won't connect via BT after configuring with rewasd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite Series 2 controller won't connect via BT after configuring with rewasd

That's pretty much it. I installed rewasd, cleared all my configurations in the xbox accessories app like it told me to do (I plugged my controller in to do this), then I did some configuring in rewasd (with the controller still plugged in). Now when I unplug my controller it can't connect to my PC via bluetooth. How can I fix this?

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

reWASD doesn't change or modify the controller firmware, so when remap is off your controller has default configuration made in Xbox Accessories.

Do you use a built-in BT adapter or external Xbox wireless adaptor? Which one then? Have you had this problem before? What motherboard do you have? I found numerous complaints regarding the Asus Z390 series.

Any attempts to update BT adapter to the latest driver version?

Also, please try simply re-install the reWASD and reproduce the problem.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I had this issue as well and was the same for two v2 controllers (both sent back for button issues). My motherboard is MSI MEG Z390 ACE and am obsessive on drivers updates. I can confirm the issue existed before and after a clean install of windows as well.

After every wired connection, I had to remove the controller completely from bluetooth devices and add the device from scratch. I am not sure if it is supposed to occur, but the virtual input device for reWASD was not unloaded when unplugging it. Unfortunately, I cannot really provide any logs because I don't currently own one at the moment.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your report.

I'm sure that the problem is not related to reWASD. It's more about controller firmware and interaction between a system and BT drivers. May I ask you to check the following?

1. Connect the gamepad wireless. Open joy.cpl and check the controller connection.
        2. Reconnect the gamepad via cable.
        3. Now, disconnect the controller and check if the controller is connected wirelessly. There is no active Elite v2 connected (the gamepad is powered).

reWASD doesn't block BT anyhow, and pick up every active connected device in the system (supported by reWASD). Otherwise, this is a hardware issue.

I have the same issue though, using my Xbox Elite 2, despite that controller has been pared I constantly do repairing that reWASD could see wirelessly connected gamepad.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Same Issue I had but downloaded Bluetooth driver from intel site and that solved it some how it does not like the motherboard manifactory drivers

Greetz Base

Comment

Working...
          X