Key Combo not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Combo not working?

Hi, I brought this today mainly to use the combo feature, as I understood it, I can record a combo and press the button in-game to play it back.
    However I can't get it to work, I'm using an emulator epsxe, my 360 or ps3 pad are configured, all the buttons work fine, with the ReWASD software I press L1 for instance and click the key combo option, when I press record and go back to the emulator the inputs don't show or work for the recording, so if I record in the software only, such as press record and then from memory do my inputs they do show up, but in the game the button stops working and the combo doesn't happen. So when a combo is set to L1 for instance it would mean in the emulator the L1 button doesn't work anymore for anything and doesn't work for executing the combo.

I brought the software like I said for the combo feature but it's just not working at all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

Unfortunately, there is no option to record the combo when the reWASD main window is not focused. You may record combo then apply the config and back to the game. The set combo will work.

So I suggest creating a combo via a combo recorder at first, then use it in the game(s).

We will improve this behavior in one of the next versions, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, I understand there's no option right now to record when the reWASD isn't the main window, that's fine. My issue is even when I do record a sequence it doesn't work in-game, I've tried it with DMC5 just now, in the reWASD key combo I set the L3 button to do a combo and the buttons show up as a sequence, in the game when I press the L3 button it doesn't play out, nothing happens, the button is unmapped and the combo doesn't work.
      Basically keying in a combo is not working no matter for me no matter the game, not sure why.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

May I ask you to specify the combo that has been set for L3. What pauses between key? Are there any pauses? I would recommend to set at least 20 ms between keys. The game may skip presses without pauses as it seems less natural to press.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, I uploaded a short video. I used the L3 button, nothing happens when I press it in the game.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the video, I got the problem. To use a combo with virtual controls the advanced mappings feature is needed to activate. Go to the License option (a key icon down right corner) and check the Advanced mapping feature for trialing (3 days). Activate it and proceed with the combo.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the explanation, I'll try that out later.
              Just a note though, if it works why do I have to buy that and the key combo feature to be able to use combos, I thought I could just buy the combo feature since that was what I wanted to use, shouldn't the advanced mapping be in the same package if combos don't work without it?
              Thanks

Comment

Hello!

Combo feature allows you to create combos out of keyboard and mouse buttons. In order to create combos that include controller buttons, you need two features: Combo & Advanced mapping. The last one also includes other functionality related to your controller: ability to swap buttons, turn the native behavior off, tune stick response. On the video you shared, you may see that controller buttons are locked due to the lack of this feature. Still, keyboard combos are working with Combo only.

Comment

Hi,

Okay, cool, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
                  I haven't had a chance to try out the advanced feature, but if it works as intended then that's great, I'll probably end up purchasing it, not really a fan of playing games with KB/M.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

You're welcome.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Happy to inform you that reWASD ver. 5.4 version has been released, where we fixed that issue that combo recording. Now, you can record combos when the reWASD windows out of focus, like when you in the game.

Please, update your current version and try the feature in-game.

Let us know any results.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, yes the update has fixed that problem which is great, thanks!

However for keyboard games it's great but I still cannot use with controller combos, I play with pad most the time and the software when recording does not record the movements of the analogue sticks, for games I want to use on to record fighting game combos or games like Devil May Cry, the combo is really long like over a minute so without being able to key in analogue stick or movement I can't really use it.

Is there a way to record everything I do on the pad in the software? Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, reWASD doesn't record stick inputs, so, you need to enter it in a manual way. It's a known issue, we will add it one of the next releases.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey,

Not sure if it's something on my end or not, tried a few games and seem to be having same issue with the combo input.

So for instance in a game like Devil May Cry, I record and do my inputs on keyboard, everything is recorded, but when I playback the timing changes everytime I playback, sometimes when I playback it works fine, but it's about 1 in 10 times it actually plays back how I recorded, the timings change.

I tried a couple fighting games and the same thing. So in street fighter for instance I tested a special move, which was down forward punch x 2, that's how it worked in game and how the input was recorded, but when I playback it only works rarely, timing changes everytime, sometimes forward would skip, sometimes the punch would be too quick. I don't change any of the timing or pauses, just keep the same as when I recorded but I can't get the key combo to playback exactly what I input everytime.

Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue.

Thanks

Comment

Hello!

Once you recorded a combo, ensure that the Delay between key is set to zero, so no other pauses are added to the sequence you have:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Y2LKzZbt7DMqqm?d=1.jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	220679

Comment

Working...
                              X