Rapidfire on Weapon Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapidfire on Weapon Change

On Console it was, with a tool, quite comfortable to have Rapidfire just on Weapon Change?
    Wondering if that is possible in anyway with reWASD too?

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

May I ask you to provide details regarding the question? reWASD has Rapid Fire feature https://help.rewasd.com/mapping-feat...apid-fire.html, but how it would help to solve your issue?

Also, specify the game and how weapons are switched in the game?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Assuming that you only have two weapons and that you have a single key to switch between them (such as the Y button in the Call of Duty Games) you could have the Y button toggle Shift 1 AND change weapons and then have RT bound to Shoot with Turbo checked on Shift 1. This would swap your weapons and swap your RT from standard to turbo. And pressing Y again will swap weapons and return you to Shift 0.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you CriticalComposer for advice. Please ShimmiShu give us know was it helpful to you.

Thank you in advance.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

What CriticalComposer wrote is similiar to what i am looking for but i am on Mouse and Keyboard and changing Primary and Secondary Weapon with Mouswheel forward and backwards.
          I am looking now for a way to have just one weapon rapidfire and the other not.
          In Destiny 2 i have also a Power Weapon when pressing the Mouswheel.
          Every Help is welcome

Comment

Hello,

There is no option to map wheel movement, only wheel press, where the turbo is also available to set. Are there any else alternative controls that also change weapons in the game, perhaps some Numpad buttons, etc.? Or if your mouse has an additional X1\X2 button that could set as change weapons and add a turbo.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Destiny can use 1-3 for weapons -- 1 for Kinetic, 2 for Energy, and 3 for Power. You could assign each of these to load the correct Shift (0 for no turbo, 1 for turbo) but, as Star-Lord pointed out, reWASD doesn't allow for binding the mouse wheel yet. So you'll either need to use different buttons for your weapon selection or created a dedicated button for switching between turbo disabled and enabled. I like the latter since it basically allows you to create a fire rate button in games that don't have it. It'll let you decide if you want rapid firing or not on your semi-auto weapons instead of always using rapid fire. It's also a more scalable solution since it will work with any combination of weapon types (rather than making sure that only your energy weapon, for instance, is semi-auto) and it works with any number of weapons (such as Doom or Half-Life's large arsenals).

Comment

Thanks. So i will need to select a Button to turn on Rapidfire on or off. BTW... What Rate are u using? Is there any setting for all semi-/none automatic Weapons?

Comment

There isn't really a standard speed that works for all weapons or even all games. I haven't done extensive testing yet (I only recently started using reWASD after using Steam Input for years) but 50ms appears to be a good value, at least in my limited testing. The default 200ms is most likely too high for any game but I would start in the 50-100ms range and see what works for your situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X