Problems with ReWASD / XBox Elite 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with ReWASD / XBox Elite 2

Hello all! As the topic title states I'm having some trouble with ReWASD playing nice with my XBox Elite 2 controller.

The first problem I'm having is that buttons and joystick functions keep getting rebound and it's not me that's doing it. Today my A, B, left joystick down, and three of my paddles have all been remapped to keyboard "O". Obviously this makes playing my game difficult. This is also not the first time something like this has happened. I don't have any kids or pets so I can guarantee that it's not random inadvertent button presses that I didn't know were happening.

The second problem that I have is that ReWASD keeps switching my profiles randomly -- it appears that it always wants to go to the default (where default is the center button on the controller being set so that not of the 3 profile lights are on) whether I have a profile selected on the controller or not. I had initially thought that it was just confused because I had set ReWASD to autodetect the game I was playing using the .exe file but was running games through Steam. I turned that autodetect off choosing to instead select the game profile I wanted to use by using the center profile button and it hasn't helped -- still switching to the default profile on it's own (I'm wanting to use Profile 1 in this case).

I'm going to remove the profile selection from the center button and just try doing it manually in the ReWASD program to see if that helps or if it STILL keeps switching to the other game. At least that would make the thing usable, but it is really taking away some nice functionality of the controller.

In case someone asks, I have definitely gone into the XBox Accessories app and fixed the settings the way that ReWASD recommended.

Between the random unplanned rebindings and profile switching (my settings are different from one game to the next) it has made this VERY expensive controller nearly unusable. Can someone help?

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

1. May I ask you to take the screenshots of unmapped paddles in the Xbox Accessories. Then, please check that paddles unmapped in the reWASD. Do paddles trigger incorrectly out of the game? I would ask you to provide the config file that used for gaming - https://prnt.sc/r9sxho

2. Profiles. One of the common issues with random profiles changing is using hotkeys that have been set in the software preferences - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/slots.html, Please, check whether an option is active and disable it if you're using dedicated controller's button.
    You mentioned that the Autodetect option is used. Did you disable the autodetect for all configs? As some of the configs where dedicated exe file(s) associated with the game and certains slot switches automatically when the game in focus.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
    X