error-1 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error-1 help

hello, i have been getting error-1 whenever i try to start reWASD, i have deleted every trace of it off my computer (as far as i know) restarted it then reinstalled the service but that seems to just show the same result error-1 please help when you have time

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

Usually, helps the following:
    - Uninstall the current version.
    - Reboot PC (reboot means restart, not shut down).
    - Install the latest 5.3 (reboot if requested).

Also, please try to disable the antiviruses (temporary) running background or other security components that could block or prevent software installation.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

sorry to bother you again but i have fully deleted reWASD, rebooted my laptop, disabled all anti-viruses and installed the latest 5.3 version but i still received the following message when starting the service, "gamepad mapping service is not running. to use reWASD, please start service" when i press start i receive the following message " failed to install with error:-1

Comment

Hello!

Could you please try to start the service manually to see if there is a more specified error?

Please type "Services" in Windows search and open the suggested tool.
        Then, find Game Controller Mapping Service in the list and press Start from the context menu:

Click image for larger version

Name:	b62e0d2ecb.jpg
Views:	1705
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	218721

Comment

Also, we would be grateful if you could provide a bit more information about your system.
          Which OS version do you have?

Comment

hello again, i have started the application under services and i seem to be getting "error 2: the system cannot find the file specified"
            - also currently using windows 8.1

Comment

hello again, i have started the application under services and i seem to be getting "error 2: the system cannot find the file specified"
              - also currently using windows 8.1

Comment

Hello,

May I ask you to check available updates for your Windows 8.1 OS? Do you install the reWASD to default installation path, C:\? Also, please check the Event Viewer any reWASD error (win button - > type Event Viewer - > Windows Logs - > Application).

Thank you in advance.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

hello, i have updated windows 8.1 to the current version after reading your post, rebooted my laptop, deleted the application, rebooted again and reinstalled the application, no luck. i am installing reWASD to Windows (C -> folder named (sony) -> then finally to a folder named (ps4remoteplay)

- for the event viewer this is the information i have received, i hope you can make sense of this because i cannot

Faulting application name: HPMSGSVC.exe, version: 1.1.11.0, time stamp: 0x53a2ade6
                  Faulting module name: HPMSGSVC.exe, version: 1.1.11.0, time stamp: 0x53a2ade6
                  Exception code: 0xc0000005

Comment

i am not authorized to edit my previous post but the emoji was not meant to go there it was C:\

Comment

Hello,
                      Thank you for your reply.

May to check the administrator permission of your disc C: and your final installation directory like this - http://recordit.co/QpK7POBGk5.

The event viewer has to contained errors regarding reWASD.exe (or reWASDTray.exe), the provided information from the event viewer belongs to some HP software, but it has 0xc0000005 error code which means lack of admin permission. So, please check as the record describes.

Also, May I ask you to attach the msinfo32 file? Win press - > type msinfo32 - > Fule - > Safe as NFO file. This file also contains information regarding application errors.

Also, if it's possible any chances to check the reWASD 5.3 on another PC (another OS) to exclude the option that software causes the problem.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

hello, while checking the admin permissions i have received the following error C:\bootmgr failed to enumerate objects in the container. access is denied. i have noticed that (full access, (modify and (write are unchecked.

Comment

also i cant seem to find anything in msinfo32 named 'fule'

Comment

edit. C:\hiberfil
                            the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

C:\pagefile.sys the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

C:\program files failed to enumerate objects in the container. access is denied

C:\program files (x86) failed to enumerate objects in the container. access is denied

C:\swapfile.sys the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

C:\windows failed to enumerate objects in the container. access is denied

i am sorry

Comment

Hello,

Apparently not as the reported error dealing with file or folder permissions. You may read this article or others that you may google it.

Nevertheless, I think this is totally Windows problem and I recommend restore to a fresh system.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X