Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affect Gamepad hardware all of sudden stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affect Gamepad hardware all of sudden stopped working.

I use my PS4 Dualshock for Destiny 2 on PC.

I have a few mappings, one of which was using the B button as my Shift / Toggle Modifier. With that modifier, I have a low sensitivity on R stick. THis was great for sniping, as I would run around with my primary and then press B button, then switch to my sniper for a low sensitivity/precise snipe. Everything was working fine, but I was making some edits and changes to the sensitivity a bit and all of sudden the function stopped working. Other mappings work and the shift modifier with other functions is still running. HOwever, my stick sensitivity seems to not cooperate, even with the "Affect gamepad Hardware' Clicked.

Please help

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

Please specify what's your mappings? Do you use the native controller without mappings? To change the sensitivity for stick without reWASD mappings the Stick response curve is used. As it's a hardware setting, you don't need to use "Affect gamepad hardware" as it also adds deadzone that changes stick behavior. So, you may use one f the presets (smooth) or custom one setting dots more gentle.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for your question.

Please specify what's your mappings? Do you use the native controller without mappings? To change the sensitivity for stick without reWASD mappings the Stick response curve is used. As it's a hardware setting, you don't need to use "Affect gamepad hardware" as it also adds deadzone that changes stick behavior. So, you may use one f the presets (smooth) or custom one setting dots more gentle.
      The only mapping I do is that I swapped Left Trigger for button A, that way I can jump more easily during gun fights in PvP. Everything else is native. Previously, in order for the stick response to work, I've had to click "Affect Gamepad Hardware". Otherwise, the native controller would just use its own stick settings. It was working and then it suddenly stopped working. I finally managed to get it working again last night but after repetitive restarts to both the game, ReWASD, and my PC.

I believe this is a bug in the software, that the controller and game simply have a hard time accepting the stick responses. Is it true or am I missing something?

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply. May I ask you to provide the whole config? You may find configs this way.
        Also, does your setup works out of a game? It's easy to check, press win - > type joy.cpl - > select controller - Properties and check stick behavior in main\shift. IS stick behavior similar?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Hello,
          Thank you for your reply. May I ask you to provide the whole config? You may find configs this way.
          Also, does your setup works out of a game? It's easy to check, press win - > type joy.cpl - > select controller - Properties and check stick behavior in main\shift. IS stick behavior similar?
          So I re-adjusted it and am testing it out of game and its not working. So seems its an issue with ReWASD picking up the stick behavior and not recognizing the changes even though Im clicking on "Affect gamepad hardware"

Comment

Hey there!

Affect gamepad hardware option is required if you use your controller as-is, without virtual mappings.
            Could you please send me your config, so I could see and test this issue?

Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
            We need the relevant *.rewasd file.

Comment

Working...
            X