Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two button shift modifier?

Hi,

I have a fully capable edition of reWASD and a Xbox One Elite 2 controller. I set up a bunch of shortcuts for many buttons across the controller that control non-game related PC functions and that activate when pressing two of the rear paddles and one of the other regular buttons. I made this with the intention being that you can hold both of these paddles (the top two specifically) and then pressing any of the other non-paddle buttons will do a different action. Setting the shortcut timeout to 1.5 seconds gives you a good amount of time to press any of these shortcuts but not if you want to do several in a row, infinite time would be more ideal.

This is when I realized that the shift functionality of reWASD is much better suited for a task like this, as I can have it so all of the functions are bound to one button each but on the shift layer and then I can set it up so that you need to hold both to use the shift layer... except that as far as I can tell there is no option to have a two button shift modifier, only one. It automatically removes the shift modifier mapping if you try to assign it to another button.

I then thought maybe I could set it up so that I have a "Hold until release" shortcut configured that requires both paddles to be pressed and then map it to the shift modifier, but you can't set a shortcut to map as a shift modifier either.

These actions include things like closing the active application so it is much more ideal to require two paddles instead of just one in order to prevent accidental triggering.

I just wanted to reach out to the community and see if there was a way to achieve this. The method doesn't matter as long as the end result is the same.

I could ultimately live with using the shortcuts and just having to let go and rehold the paddles if I want to do a second action, or possibly using one paddle, but if this is not currently possible within reWASD is there a place I can suggest this feature? This is my main use case of this software.

Thanks.

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

This is how the shift works, the additional layout triggers when shift modifier buttons pressed\hold with a single button. Note, that you may toggle a shift modifier and activate\deactive a shift layout by a single press button, no need to hold. I think it's easier to navigate gamepad's controls when you're not holding the button is being pressed. And the actions like closing the active application could be applied inside shift, I guess.

As for your suggestion, we have thoughts to use shortcuts as shift modifiers, so this option will be available someday.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
    X