Tricky question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky question

I've tried making a combo that corrects recoil, it works quite well however trying to use the analogue stick while in the combo messes it up a bit. The main component of the combo is pulling the right stick down, if I use the right analogue stick manually at the same time to look it is very sensitive in the down direction and really slow moving upwards. What's happening is that normally I would, say, ease my right stick from the down direction and then move it say upwards however the macro is inputting the down direction while up pressing up. So if the macro is trying to do -40, I'm doing 100 and so the resultant movement at the maximum of stick movement is 60 where as in the down direction it's -140. Can anybody think of a clever way to get around this? Is there a way while the macro is active to dynamically alter the max and min inputs of the stick to the inverse of the macro so that the top of the stick is 140 and the bottom of the stick movement is -60?

Hello!

I have some ideas for you, but let's start from the combo you have.
    Could you please share the config file (it is stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles in a folder with a game name, I just need *.rewasd file)?

It will save time, and I won't need to ask too many questions

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

I have some ideas for you, but let's start from the combo you have.
      Could you please share the config file (it is stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles in a folder with a game name, I just need *.rewasd file)?

It will save time, and I won't need to ask too many questions
      Hi, thanks, here's the config. MW.rewasd

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

I've tried it in a tester, and I don't see the issue actually. The combo works as intended: while it is working, the stick is shifted down.
        If you use the physical stick while the combo is working, both inputs are summed up.

If you want to eliminate the combo while you are moving a physical stick, I think it is better to use Absolute stick deflections. However, they work a bit different. If you need a stick to go -40 and then -50, you will need to set both values (not -40 and then -10). Could you please try this option?

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

I've tried it in a tester, and I don't see the issue actually. The combo works as intended: while it is working, the stick is shifted down.
          If you use the physical stick while the combo is working, both inputs are summed up.

If you want to eliminate the combo while you are moving a physical stick, I think it is better to use Absolute stick deflections. However, they work a bit different. If you need a stick to go -40 and then -50, you will need to set both values (not -40 and then -10). Could you please try this option?
          I know it's working as intended, but it doesn't work well in game. The problem is what I said before, while the combo is active the fact that it sums the inputs means the max possible input upwards is less than the max possible input downwards, I want the stick to still feel natural which isn't possible when moving the stick to its top position results in a 60 and moving it to the bottom position results in a -140. I tried absolute deflections before and it doesn't seem to work at all, the deflections don't even input.

Comment

Absolute deflection doesn't sum up with a physical stick at all, so the combo actually stops when you move a stick. I think this is why it didn't work for you.

With relative combo, you do not get -140, but yes, you do get +60 while it is working. So, your suggestion is to be able to move the stick up even if the combo pushes it down, right?

Comment

Absolute deflection doesn't sum up with a physical stick at all, so the combo actually stops when you move a stick. I think this is why it didn't work for you.

With relative combo, you do not get -140, but yes, you do get +60 while it is working. So, your suggestion is to be able to move the stick up even if the combo pushes it down, right?
              Yeah, I'd like to still be able to input +100 (so in essence +140 to counteract the -40 of the combo) while it's working.

With the absolute deflection even if I don't press anything nothing happens, possibly a deadzone issue in my settings (i.e. the analogue stick is detected as moving slightly so nothing happens).

Thanks.

Comment

We will take it into account and will think what is possible to do.

But at the moment, I hope you may try to increase a value in absolute deflection, so you can find a temporary workaround.

Comment

Was this ever solved? I believe I have the same issue... I also have a negative relative deflection happening when pressing couple buttons (ADS + Shoot... L/R mouse buttons) and if I move the right stick (i.e. mouse) everything is fine, as long as I don't move it downwards... if I move it down, it "adds" the real movement plus the value setup in the key combo so it moves way faster downward vs upward...

Is there any way to "stop" executing a key combo based on mouse movement? I tried using the move "high zone" when going down to trigger a key, and add a shift for that key, without the "key combo" but it ignores it.

Comment

Hello ctzei

What reWASD version do you use? The latest version is 5.5.0. And, instead of relative deflection have you tried to use the absolute one? Absolute deflection doesn't sum up with a physical stick at all, so the combo actually stops when you move a stick.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'm using 5.4.0 as I also use GameStream and I know there is some issue with it for now... I tried the absolute reflection (with 5.4.0) and it does kind of work, meaning that it indeed does not sum up the values, BUT it stops just immediately after moving the stick in any direction, which kind of defeats the purpose (i.e. controlling recoil on a non-moving item might not be a big issue).

I tried adding tons of 200ms pauses and dropping also tons of negative absolute deflections (around 30 each interchanged, meaning absolute deflection, then pause, then deflection, pause, etc.), and it kind of works, but it seems like there might be a better option our there... not sure if that's the only way to go, or if there is anything new to try on 5.5.0.

Comment

To answer the first post, won't this do the trick:
                        - make a shift dedicated to recoil with shot button as a modifier;
                        - set 5% deadzone, maybe 10% (or whatever you're good with) to low+medium zones and high zone to what's left for a right stick in that shift;
                        - set [Vertical axis range] to wide;
                        - map [Up] and [Down] directions of [High zone] to a combo in [Hold] mode of stick deflection mirrored to the recoil compensation value to negate it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                          To answer the first post, won't this do the trick:
                          - make a shift dedicated to recoil with shot button as a modifier;
                          - set 5% deadzone, maybe 10% (or whatever you're good with) to low+medium zones and high zone to what's left for a right stick in that shift;
                          - set [Vertical axis range] to wide;
                          - map [Up] and [Down] directions of [High zone] to a combo in [Hold] mode of stick deflection mirrored to the recoil compensation value to negate it.
                          Hi,

Didn't understand, could you share some pictures?

Thanks!

Comment

I suppose I wasn't clear enough. If you want to be able to reach maximum deflection of a virtual stick while using recoil compensation combo, you can use [High zone] on another [Shift] to nullify it. To do that:

In advanced settings of a stick set [Vertical axis range] to maximum and set the size of a [High zone] where recoil compensation will stop working:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	562
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	227523

Set your "shot" button as a shift modifier:

Name:	2.png
Views:	422
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	227524

In advanced settings of a right stick on "shot" shift, add a [High Zone] mapping for [Up] direction with the combo of "Right stick Up" with the same, but positive value of recoil compensation (if there is a -20 value in recoil compensation combo, set value of this combo to 20):

Name:	3.png
Views:	425
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	227525

Take note, that this will not work properly if recoil compensation changes with time.

Comment

Working...
                            X