Switch pro-con gyro to PS4 gyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch pro-con gyro to PS4 gyro

I have bound my switch pro controller to a DS4 to use with rpcs3, and it its shown by rpcs3 as a ps4 controller, but I am unable to bind the gyro on the pro-con to the gyro on the DS4. I have plenty of options to bind it to wasd, mouse, left, or right stick, but for some reason, not an option to bind it to the actual gyro axis. Is there a way to do this? Or, if not, could it be added?

Hello,

At the moment, there is no Gyro on our virtual controller, but we are planning to do it in one of the next versions.

In the meantime, I think we may find some workaround. What does Gyro do in a game? Is it used for moving a camera? Usually, you can do the same with a Stick, so you can choose Gyro on your controller and map it to Stick. Could you please try it?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I am using it with rpcs3, which does not have the ability to bind arbitrary inputs to the gyro. The only way to use gyro input at the moment is through the native gyro input in the DS3 or DS4 controller handler.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

So, if you map gyro to the left or right stick in the reWASD, the game would not detect the mapped stick deflection by yawing and rolling the controller?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It would detect the stick, but I need the gyro input to be set to the sixaxis gyro in the DS4 handler.

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for your reply.

I see, as I mentioned above virtual ds4 has no gyro or acc axis implemented at the moment. So it not possible to do gyro adjustments with virtual DS4 using rpcs3 utility.

What I'm asking for is to set gyro to Stick and try ingame without additional remapping in rpcs3 utility. So if the stick is used in the game you may run or camera moves you may use gyro that emulates stick.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Is there anything new on the subject so far? I am in the same situation, one PS3 game requires Sixaxis in order to work and RPCS3 still does not have motion controls emulation. The best luck I've had so far is with DS4Windows, where the virtual ds4 would cause constant motion downward, but unable to control it.

Comment

Hello,

The latest 5.6.1 allows remapping your Switch Pro (Joy-Cons) controller to virtual DS4 and get the native Gyroscope (screenshot). Please, update your current version to the new one.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Oh I see, I was looking in the wrong settings xD. Thanks alot.

Comment

Alright, so when I actually know what I'm doing, it works perfectly. It even works using a third party $30 switch controller, which I was surprised to find out has a gyroscope.

Now this might deviate from the subject a bit. Is it possible to use a keyboard, a X360 controller, or whichever Non-gyro device to output gyro values? As in: is it possible to fully emulate a gyroscope?

I use a X Series controller as my main, and it obviously doesn't have a gyro. I do alot of emulation, and altho I could use my old controller when games need gyro, I'd like to be able to map gyro values to, say, the right joystick or something.

Comment

Hi there,

You can't. This is an option of emulating gyro for physical controllers that has gyro. For, example, you have a Switch controller that has a gyro, but you can't use the gyro in the game because the controller is not supported. So, you remapped Switch Pro to virtual DS4. A game sees a DS4 including gyro.

No option to remap control to gyro move(s).
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                      X