reWASD behaviors needs changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD behaviors needs changing

I'm really fussy when it comes to button assignments and remapping keys so I'm constantly opening reWASD, but I noticed several behaviors when using this program.

This program is always slow when I open it, and every single time it gives me the notice "Let's find all the devices you can remap...". I'm sure this is the reason why it takes so long to open the program and honestly I would've expected the devices to be recognized already and not every time I open the program. Its a waste of time. Additionally, whenever I right-click the tray agent, it takes a long while for the context menu to pop up. I'm not sure if this is related to the aforementioned "finding devices" notice.

Why does the program always fall back to the "Desktop" profile? This is a premade profile that the program gives you, but while playing a game and opening the program to reassign some keys, its always the Desktop profile that opens first. The reason why is because when I move away from the game, I go into the File Explorer, therefore the program switches to the Desktop profile which I supposed was to make it more convenient, but that's not the case for me. I want the program to always go to the last profile opened rather than constantly switching between Desktop and the game profile every single time.

As of this moment, I can't open reWASD. It is not responding, and even after killing the process, it still wouldn't open. I'll attempt to restart my computer to see if it will work this time.

Hello,
    Thank you for your questions:

1. Yes, there are reasons. reWASD checks detected\add connected devices, prepares profiles list, etc which requires some time for analyzing. I must admit that it's not quite convenient, but we're working on optimization and provide improvements every release.
    By the way, an agent contextual menu pops up fast, I didn't notice any slow.

2. Seems like you're using Autodetect. Autodetect is a feature that permits to assign a .exe file to a certain profile and apply the config while the application is in focus. When you switch to File Explorer, reWASD detects the associated process (explorer.exe) and switches the Desktop profile. If you disable the autodetect option you will go to the last profile switching between game and file explorer.

Let us know if the problem remains.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The agent contextual menu pops up slow for me, taking 3 seconds to pop up. and even clicking elsewhere to close that menu it takes 3 seconds.

I am using autodetect to quickly switch between profiles, and if I remove autodetect I have to go into the program to apply the profile every time and that's tedious for me. My question is why must the program display the entire profile when all I want from autodetect is to simply apply the profile?

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

1. This is standard behavior. The GUI shows active config with all mappings, that you could see what mappings have each of controls. Besides, if you apply the config you're working on for example, to slot 2, and then go to the desktop, the desktop config will turn on, but when you return to reWASD, the Desktop config is disconnected and your game config will be opened again. I made footage showing it - https://streamable.com/meo5lu.

2. This is not a correct tray behavior, the tray should respond immediately. Plus the problem with reWASD that isn't opened.
        May I ask you to check some cases:

- Please disable autodetect for all used config and check how the tray agent re-acts without autodetect, let us know.

- If the problem persists, please open the C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD, archive all binv2 files, and save the achieve some another directory. They will be needed for an investigation. Re-install the reWASD then, including all binv2 file removal. Try again.

- If it doesn't help, I would request to collect logs (tracetext logs, reWASD.exe and reWASDTray.exe). This is a manual about how to collect them - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/start-log.html.

Please attach these logs and archived binv2 files with the next reply.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Okay so there are several things I have noticed:
          1. I did as you told me, disable all autodetects and then check the tray agent. This time there's no delay when bringing up the contextual menu.
          2. I enabled all autodetects this time, and the contextual menu comes up after 3 seconds and 3 seconds to go away.
          3. Earlier I kept on Applying a profile for DOOM Eternal to keep checking the button configs, and several times the program was slow in applying the profile or ended up not responding and I had to kill the Process Tree for the program and tray agent. This is with the autodetects enabled and Tray Agent turned on.
          4. Regarding point 3, I turned off the Tray Agent, and this time I was able to Apply the profile without issue.
          I hope this helps. Do you still want the binv2 and logs?

Comment

Hello,

I see, so the autodect causes the problem.

1. Yes, the binv2 files are required, please attach them next reply here or send official helpdesk support-team@daemon-tools.cc

2. Please collect the agent tracetext log, as described guide:

- open C:\Program Files\reWASD (or directory where software installed) - > right-click to run contextual menu and select Create shortcut.
            - right-click on the reWASDTray.exe shortcut, open Properties. Find the Target field, and add " -tracetext" to it.
            - run the tray agent with modified shortcut and reproduce the problem following #2 and #3 items of your reply.
            - open file explorer, and go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs and send all text files you see there (here as an attachment or to helpdesk support-team@daemon-tools.cc ).

Also, I would appreciate it if you collect tracetext log for reWASD.exe too, i.e create reWASD.exe shortcut, add tracetext parameters, run it, follow item #3 to reproduce the problem, where GUI stops responding after config applying for several times.

Please let us know if any questions come up.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

So I was able to get the logs and binv2 files. That said, when I used those shortcuts, the issues didn't seem to happen.

I'll keep observing the software regarding this though and upload logs and binv2 again when a problem occurs. Will that be fine?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for your reply.

So, the problem hasn't been reproduced while you were collecting logs, has it? Did you uninstall\install reWASD log collecting? As it could possibly explain why the problem hasn't been reproduced.

But, thank you for the logs and binv2 file, we will check them. And yes, logs are appreciated if the problem will be relevant again and you know steps ho to collect them.

Please feel free if any questions come up.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X