Question about emulating touchpad "click" with DS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about emulating touchpad "click" with DS4

Hi, so I know that reWASD can detect "touches" on 4 quadrants, and touchpad click. However, I am trying to click the touchpad to emulate 2 buttons on the keyboard.

For example, I want to press the left side of the touchpad to be the button "A" and press the right side of the touchpad to be the button "B". The best way I know is using Shortcuts, and make the following combinations:

L-Upper + Touchpad Click = A
    L-Lower + Touchpad Click = A
    R-Upper + Touchpad Click = B
    R-Lower + Touchpad Click = B

The problem is if my thumb is already on the touchpad(touching it), but not pressing on it to perform the click, and when I do press it, it won't activate the shortcut because reWASD thinks I am not touching and clicking the touchpad at the same time. It will work fine if my thumb leaves the touchpad every time before I perform the Shortcuts, but I really want to have it be able to detect my click even my thumb is already touching the touchpad, how would I do it? Thank you!

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

You right, you have to remove the finger from the touchpad zone and touch again to click, as shortcuts require all controls release, that participate in the shortcuts. The thing you describe more looks like shift behavior, So, please try to do the following:

1. Unmap touchpad and touch click in the main configuration and set "A" to touch click.
    2. Go to Shift 1 and set the L-Lower as shift modifier. Set touch click as "A".
    3. Go to Shift 2 and set R-Upper as shift modifier. The touch click = "B" mapping.
    4. Same steps for shift 3, R-Lower = shift modifier + touch click = "B".
    I also made a video that could see steps more graphically - https://streamable.com/gh9iv2.

So, you can click on the left upper or lower zones of the touchpad by sliding the finger up and down without removing it. Same thing with the right zone side. Although, you should remove a finger from "A" zones to trigger "B".

Please, check whether this case works for you.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for replying!

This is smart! And it works. Thanks a lot.

I figured if I only need 2 keys, I probably only need to set R-Upper and R-Lower to Shift 1 and Shift 2. Since L-Upper and L-Lower both result in the same button.

Comment

Hello.

You're right you may set shifts only for "B" (upper\lower zones) and leave "A" mapped for touch click in the main configuration.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It is a similar question so I guess I should just ask here.

Would I be able to perform the following with v5.4?

[Example 1]
          L-Lower + Touchpad Click = A
          R-Upper + Touchpad Click = B
          R-Lower + Touchpad Click = B
          L-Upper/L-Lower + R-Upper/R-Lower +Touchpad Click = C

[Example 2]
          L-Lower + Touchpad Click = B
          R-Upper + Touchpad Click = C
          R-Lower + Touchpad Click = D
          L-Upper/L-Lower + R-Upper/R-Lower +Touchpad Click = E

[Example 3]
          L-Lower + Touchpad Click = B
          R-Upper + Touchpad Click = C
          R-Lower + Touchpad Click = D
          L-Upper + R-Upper +Touchpad Click = E
          L-Lower + R-Lower +Touchpad Click = F

PS. I would like to be able to keep clicking the same button continually without my thumbs leaving the touchpad as I asked before

Comment

Hello,

We added the touchpad emulation (swipes, taps), so now you can set One and Two-finger Swipes and Taps on any controller button or keyboard key in ver. 5.4.

As for your case, still need to use shifts to achieve the requested behavior. I think we can manage it for the next 5.5 ver.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X