Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Initial Configuration

Hi,

I am trying to get a configuration working in reWASD but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make slots work and I am thinking that this application isn't able to do what I need it to do.

All I want to do is have two separate profiles one that's raw xInput and waits for a long press button or key combo to switch to a profile I configured that has mouse and keyboard functionality. I want these two profiles to work everywhere disregarding whatever application is in focus. So far when I try to use slots every slot has the same configuration applied and if I modify one slot then all the others are the same. I thought maybe the remap unmap option would work but theres not way to re-enable it via the controller.

Hello,

Slots changes with customizable shortcuts that require 2 or 3 buttons, so you need to adjust t at first. Configs should be applied to 2 separate slots. To apply the config with default controls you still need to map something, you may add a virtual controller that totally emulates Xbox 360 or DS4 or do some gamepad changes (like set stick response change deadzone, etc). Using shortcuts change slots depending on your needs - https://streamable.com/l200av.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you for the response. I got it working. Is there a way to have change slot triggered by a press and hold of a button? I set up a 3 key combo and then binded the same combo to a buttons press and hold but it doesn't switch slots unfortunately.

Couple more questions for you. Is there a way to view a controller group without all controllers in the group being connected? I'd really like to apply the same config to all of the controllers as they connect, instead of having to create separate groups for each set of controllers. I will rarely have 4 controllers plugged in but if and when it happens it'd be nice not have to tinker with reWASD.

Also, would it be possible for you share the VirtualKeyCode application?

Comment

Nvm on the request for the ViewKeyCode application, I found it. I was hoping that it would show me the vk codes for the Xbox One controller but it wasn't the case. Still curious about my other questions though.

Comment

Hey there!

To switch a slot, you need to use a hotkey set in Preferences. It may include two or three buttons. But there is no way to set it to 1 button or an activator. Sorry. We consider the idea to add such feature, so I will be happy to let you know once it is ready.

And yep, it won't work if you set a combo similar to the slot hotkey to another button. Slot hotkey should be activated physically.

As for several controllers, I need a bit more details. Do you want them all to act the same way? In this case, you can connect them only once and group all together. Then, apply a config with a single one gamepad sub-config, and it will work on any controller. Then, you may disconnect the controllers and reconnect them in any way — if at least one controller from the group is connected, the config will work.

If you want the controllers to work differently, it is better not to use a group, but apply a config one by one to each gamepad and then disconnect and reconnect them — the correspondent config will be activated.

Comment

Thank you for confirming. I have no issue with a 3 button combo but the problem is it activates any others in the config. IE. If I have a button set to back page and it is also part of the switch Slot combo I will activate back. Is this something I could use switches for or will I have to leave the buttons unbound if I want to avoid them being activated while switching Slots?

Yeah, I want them all to work the same, I will try your suggestion of connecting all 4 at once. The only issue I've had so far with the group I created is that the group doesn't appear to be selectable on the left column of devices and I don't know how to edit the config otherwise.

To give a little bit of clarity on my use case, I want to use this in a HTPC setting where I control windows wholly from the controller with the ability to switch back and forth between emulating M+KB and raw Xinput.

Comment

Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
              Thank you for confirming. I have no issue with a 3 button combo but the problem is it activates any others in the config. IE. If I have a button set to back page and it is also part of the switch Slot combo I will activate back. Is this something I could use switches for or will I have to leave the buttons unbound if I want to avoid them being activated while switching Slots?
              Unfortunately, yes, the only way to avoid additional input is to use the buttons that are not mapped to anything else in a slot hotkey. Your suggestion about more switching options is taken into account, we will work on it in the next versions.

Yeah, I want them all to work the same, I will try your suggestion of connecting all 4 at once. The only issue I've had so far with the group I created is that the group doesn't appear to be selectable on the left column of devices and I don't know how to edit the config otherwise.
              That is strange, the group is fully-functional even if some devices are not connected. You can't edit a group, but the configs should be editable. Can you try again please and describe the exact steps that lead to the issue?

Comment

It might be that it shows up differently.

I setup 4 controllers in the configuration below:

XBox 360 + XBox 360 + XBox 360 + XBox One

But when I reboot and only have 2 controllers it looks like:

XBox 360 + XBox One

Also, after creating the new Group and assigning the desired key combo for slots it just isn't working on anyone of my controllers. Not sure what happened. It was consistently working beforehand and I tried to replicate the entire setup under a new group.

Comment

After further troubleshooting I was able to get slots to work again once I removed the group and assigned my configuration directly to the controller.

Comment

Yes, exactly, reWASD shows only those devices that are connected, but the group is still functional.

As for Slots, there is one tricky thing. reWASD permits to set different hotkeys for each physical device and each group. So, in your case, you need to set hotkeys for a group (not only for the devices) too. And yes, if you do not use a group, you are back to the hotkeys set per each device.

Comment

Working...
                    X