Fortnite does not pick up remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortnite does not pick up remap

If i'm in Fortnite or if I start my game up with the controller it does not work with remap on if I turn remapping off my elite xbox controller start to work in fortnite a reboot fixes that btw but I getting tired to do reboots for this to work

ps just noticed as I switch the physical slot on my xbox elite v2 controller and swith back it start working again in Fortnite

Greetz Base
    Last edited by endbase; 01.05.2020, 07:56.

Hello,

Please specify which slot is active on your physical controller when you apply the config? Please, on your Elite 2, switch to the physical Slot 0 (you won't see any lights on the controller's slot switcher in this case) and apply the config. Will the problem persist?

Also what config do you use? Do you play with a controller with keyboard mapping that the game sees KMB, don't you?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I use slot 2 for fortnite because that one has the onmapped paddles if I use the physical slot 0 on my controller it does not realy work with fortnite as config I use the Switch to Xbox 360 that I adjusted and I use LCtrl mapped on my left paddle on the bottem. If the game loses the mapping I just have to switch the fysical slot's on my controller and it start to work again

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

If you have set slot #2 on the physical device than you need to apply the Fortnite config to Slot #3 in the reWASD - https://recordit.co/5sCTmyPPD8.

What do you mean the game does not work with Fortnite if the config applied to physical slot #0 (slot #1 in reWASD). What adjustments were made with the default config? Paddles mappings only?

May I as you to share this config - https://prnt.sc/saj5ar
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Hello,
          Thank you for your reply.

If you have set slot #2 on the physical device than you need to apply the Fortnite config to Slot #3 in the reWASD - https://recordit.co/5sCTmyPPD8.

What do you mean the game does not work with Fortnite if the config applied to physical slot #0 (slot #1 in reWASD). What adjustments were made with the default config? Paddles mappings only?

May I as you to share this config - https://prnt.sc/saj5ar
          Actualy the elite starts counting at default as 0 and the second physical slot is counted as 1 in rewasd it's slot 1 to 4 so that is misleading in this case I have set the physical slot set to 1 and rewasd to slot 2 so that would be correct still with this config there is somewhere miss communication between Fortnite en the software and believe me the problem is on Fortnite side because when the controller shuts down when fortnite running and you activate the controller again Fortnite does not picks up the controller any more a reboot will fix it in my case. So the question remains can it be solved with ReWasd that is what I'm wondering

Comment

Yes, Fortnite is a bit slow with switching between controllers.

We have some ideas about how to make it better, and those changes will be included into the next release. It is coming in a week approximately, so stay tuned!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              Yes, Fortnite is a bit slow with switching between controllers.

We have some ideas about how to make it better, and those changes will be included into the next release. It is coming in a week approximately, so stay tuned!
              Thx for the reply I will stay tuned

Comment

Hey there!

We have just released reWASD 5.4 with some changes in a virtual controller emulation.
                Please try it in Fortnite again, and we hope you won't need to reboot.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                  Hey there!

We have just released reWASD 5.4 with some changes in a virtual controller emulation.
                  Please try it in Fortnite again, and we hope you won't need to reboot.
                  Yes works better now no more rebooting thx

Comment

Hello,
                    Great! Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I am in chapter 2 season 2 now of fortnite, and i was wondering how you apply builder pro to custom controls. When i try to build on custom controls, it only uses the combat pro building settings.
                      and shows fortnite won't launch

Comment

Hello mikaha21 !

I am not sure if I could help you with the error in Fortnite.

As for the building, when you switch from the keyboard and mouse to the virtual controller, the building works in a bit different way. It is better to check the default building settings in Fortnite and use this config for example.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-01-25_16-29-13.jpg
Views:	1480
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	223813

Comment

Working...
                        X