Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Xbox Elite Controller paddles to switch profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Xbox Elite Controller paddles to switch profiles?

I am trying to do this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	461
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	219230

It won't accept it because it needs to be at least 2 buttons. My aim is to have 4 profiles and be able to switch from one to another at any time using the paddles. I was originally planning to use the shift profiles in toggle mode but you have to switch back to the main profile before you can switch to a different shift profile. For example, I can't go from shift profile 2 > shift profile 3 directly. I have to toggle back to the main profile first. Does anyone know a work around?

Hello!

Nope at the moment. Slot switching hotkey requires at least two buttons, and Shift mode can be enabled or disabled from the Main configuration.

Which way is more preferable? Just want to understand your use case to develop some changes in the future releases.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

Nope at the moment. Slot switching hotkey requires at least two buttons, and Shift mode can be enabled or disabled from the Main configuration.

Which way is more preferable? Just want to understand your use case to develop some changes in the future releases.
      Thanks for the quick reply!

Neither of those are suitable for what I want to do.

I am hoping to use reWASD to set-up 4 different profiles for Elite Dangerous. For example, one profile for general flight, one profile for combat, one profile for mining etc. I want to be able to switch between these profiles using the paddle buttons. I can sort of do it using shift profiles, but the problem is I have to remember to toggle back to the main profile before I can select a different shift profile.

I want to do this: Shift Profile 2 --> Shift Profile 3
      Not this: Shift Profile 2 --> Main Profile --> Shift Profile 3

I could not find a way to do that, so I tried to do it with slots. Slots would be preferable anyway because I could then use addition shift commands within each profile. But I can't create a one button hotkey

Where are the hotkeys saved? Maybe I could edit the file to get around the hotkey restriction?

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

1. You have to back to the main from the shift to switch another shift. So, Shift Profile 2 --> Main Profile --> Shift Profile 3 is how shift works.

2. Slots require 2 or more buttons for switching, but they are switched anyways, like Slot #1 - > Slot #3 - Slot #2, etc. Also, pair buttons for switching is kinda precaution to avoid false switching during exciting gameplay.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Also, pair buttons for switching is kinda precaution to avoid false switching during exciting gameplay.
          I completely understand your reasoning, but why not let the user choose? You could recommend at least two buttons, but allow the user to select one if they want to.

Any chance the restriction will be removed in a future release?

Comment

Hello,

Technically, it's possible to let slots change with a single button with current software architecture. But I mentioned there are reasons why it has been implemented that way. We take your suggestion into account and add the option next releases, considering all details.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
              Hello,

Technically, it's possible to let slots change with a single button with current software architecture. But I mentioned there are reasons why it has been implemented that way. We take your suggestion into account and add the option next releases, considering all details.
              Thank you, that's very much appreciated!

Comment

Hello,

You're welcome.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X