Frozen or crash when new device connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen or crash when new device connected

Hi, I have meet some problem with rewasd.

It happened very often when my xbox elilte reconnect to PC. It seems frozen. Then sometimes the backend service crash and exit in few minutes, or, start remap minutes later.

Hello,

As I understand that reWASD crashes or doesn't respond while the controller is reconnected to the PC.
    Do you get any error messages, like "reWASD has stopped working"? Does the software is still "frozen " when the controller already seen in the system?

May I ask you to provide msinfo32 file - http://recordit.co/hRk85POAat?

Do you use the latest version 5.3? What Xbox Elite controller version? How do you connect the controller to the PC, BT connection or wireless with some adapter?

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

OK, here is my msinfo32.txt, sorry that my OS info is written in chinese =(. I will deprecate the link in 24 hours https://mega.nz/file/W8hwESqJ#3FIBw7...g5SUhSIBrKq3DM

Here is the info you require:
      1. when the reWASD was frozen: the system tray icon will have no respond after right click. If the window is opened, it will be an "no respond" message.
      2. yes, the controller already seen in the system.
      3. my version is 5.3
      4. my controller is Elite2, connected by BlueTooth

Thanks
      Best wishs

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

I found the exception error regarding reWASDTray:

Faulting application name: reWASDTray.exe
        Exception code: 0xe0434352
        Error module path C: \ Windows \ System32 \ KERNELBASE.dll.

The 0xe0434352 code relates to .NET installation (NET framework faulty, corrupted file, old drivers, etc). Therefore:

1. Open the C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD directory and remove all binv2 file
        2. Please visit this link and follow Fix-3 and Fix-4 articles.

In case the problem persists I would appreciate it if you collect tracetext log for reWASDTray.exe - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/start-log.html (logging with tracetext part).
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, might be you miss the link =)

I try add -tracetext to reWASD.
          Now I found that the reWASD window frozen at event "TryCloseWaitDialog" for 2 minutes and "Constructor for LicenseCommunicator" for 10 seconds.
          And also the reWASD tray.

Best wishs

Comment

Hello,
            Oh, sorry, indeed, I miss the link, my bad . The link is - https://thegeekpage.com/how-to-solve...on-0xe0434352/.

Also, please attach the tracetext file, it seems that you have already collected logs. interesting to look through all lines.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the link
              here is the link to Logs file: https://mega.nz/file/K0YQkQqL#3FIBw7...g5SUhSIBrKq3DM
              I treat reWASD carefully yesterday and the System seems no crash til now, but the reWASD window still crash sometime, and there some "Excpetion" in the logs.
              And you can search "TryCloseWaitDialog" to see the time tag.

Best wishs

Comment

Hi there.

Seems that there is the same link with msinfo32 file. What I need is the tarcetext log file you've collected. Please attach this file, please.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Oh, sorry, this is the right one: https://mega.nz/file/WohWwQ5K#7p7dLf...Gg6LScFypSyD44

Comment

Thank you!

Have you tried the steps from the link above?
                    Also, do you have a stable Internet connection in this moment?

Comment

Hello,

Yes I think I have a stable Internet.
                      I have try Fix-3, but when I start to try Fix-4, I relize that .Net cannot be removed in Windows10.
                      And now I go to another one of my PC to test reWASD, at tthis time it will be a laptop and not a self-build PC.

Hmmm, is it an unstable internet connection to the reWASD offical license server may freeze the applicantion because of waiting for repsond? I can also redirect reWASD's network requset by some proxies to get a more stable one

Comment

Hello,

We try to pay attention to all sides that could impact this problem. According to the log, the reWASD tray crashes because of system dll (Error module path C: \ Windows \ System32 \ KERNELBASE.dll). So, it could be a system issue and reWASD crashes not because of response delay but because of the system problems.

You mentioned that you have a laptop as well. Does it have the same Windows version installed? It's interesting to try reproducing the same problem on another PC.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
                          Yes I agree that maybe the crash is cause by the OS
                          I am going to spend serviral days to do test on my laptop for verifying

Thank you

Comment

PS: The laptop and self-build one have completely different environment, laptop has intel U and Windows Home 1909 install by the Laptop factory

Comment

Hello,
                              Great, thank you for your cooperation. Please, let us know any results.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X