Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Wolverine for Xbox Conflict

Hello,

I recently purchased the Razer Wolverine gamepad. I understand that Rewasd does not support it and the reason makes sense. The problem I'm having is that installing Rewasd causes the "Razer Wolverine for Xbox" to stop recognizing that the Wolverine gamepad is connected. I'm fairly certain this is due to some of the drivers installed by Rewasd.

Here are the steps I took to narrow the problem down to Rewasd.

1. Have Rewasd Installed
    2. Install "Razer Wolverine for Xbox" -> Controller not recognized by software. No errors. Rewasd still sees it. Can still use it as Xinput device.
    3. Reset Windows 10 to factory.
    4. Install "Razer Wolverine for Xbox" -> Controller found. Works as expected.
    5. Install Rewasd. Don't run it yet. -> Wolverine still seen by software.
    6. Open Rewasd. It asks to install something to the effect of "xbox mapping drivers" (Sorry I didn't grab a screenshot)
    7. Select yes, install drivers
    8. Razer Wolverine for Xbox can't find gamepad, same state as 2 above.
    9 Uninstall Rewasd. -> Problem persists.

Since uninstalling Rewasd doesn't fix the issue, I suspect it's something to do with the "xbox mapping drivers" it asked to install. It would be great to know what Rewasd installs so that I can attempt to remove them and see if the issue is resolved.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or been able to resolve it? I couldn't find any mention of similar issues when I searched around, so getting some info available here would be helpful.

Thanks for your attention.

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

reWASD supports the Razer Wolverine gamepad as Xbox 360 (no extra buttons including). You don't need to install the additional software, unless you want to remap paddles or buttons dedicated to the controller.

reWASD also installs its own driver to emulate virtual devices but the driver is also removed when reWASD uninstall. So, I would ask to check the driver details of the controller when reWASD was uninstalled. Please, open the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers - > find the Razer Wolverine controller - > hardware - > Properties - Drivers -> Driver Details. Please, take the screenshot.

Did you reboot the PC after reWASD uninstallation?

Any other emulations are installed on your PC?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the response. Here's a screen shot showing the driver details. Two devices show up that seem to relate to the Wolverine. The XInput device under the HID list, and an Xbox Peripherals device. Screenshot showing the driver details for the two relevant devices.

Comment

The PC has been rebooted since uninstalling reWASD. At this point the only method I have to fix the issue is resetting windows or restoring to a restore point. Ideally I'd like to be able to install both applications as I use each for different games.

I also have Xpadder installed and have had it installed when the Razer Wolverine software was working correctly.

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your reply.

It's weird, especially point 9 - Uninstall Rewasd -> Problem persists. Software removes completely and after the reboot, there is nothing that could interfere, except some other utilities or services.

According to the screenshot, there is no reWASD driver in the Driver Details, Xbox One only (dc1-controller.sys). In this case, reWASD can't influence at all.
          Is this screenshot after reWASD installation?

Also, I see that you have steam installed. Open Steam Big Picture, go to settings, controller settings. Does Xbox Configuration checked? Please, try to uncheck and see if the problem persists.

Have you reproduced the problem after the system restore?

Also, please, specify about Razer Wolverine for Xbox app. Does it install via the Windows Store or from the official website?
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The screenshot is after uninstalling reWASD, so not surprised that the driver isn't showing up.

I've ensured that the "Xbox Configuration Support" is unchecked.

Razer Wolverine for Xbox is installed via the Windows Store. I've talked with Razer's support team and they've confirmed that's the only way to install it unfortunately.

I agree that this is a strange problem and I hope the reWASD installation isn't a red herring. I'll have to find some time to do more testing. I'll be sure to update this thread when I do.

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for your reply. Please, let us know any updates.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X