Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with configuring Keyboard as Controller for only W A D buttons

Hello,

I just found out about this masterpiece of a software but I either haven't configured something properly or games are bugged.

I am a PC gamer since forever, got my 1st Dualshock 4 controller few weeks ago and I just can't get used to it. I feel embarrassed for discovering reWASD so late.

So what I want is fairly simple but I can't figure out something.

ALL I want is to make my Keyboard act as Controller for W A D buttons. I hate how in all games I am always faster then NPC's, currently I want to make reWASD work with Metro Exodus.

So, I mapped W to work as UP on Controller, A to work as LEFT and D to work as RIGHT. Then I lowered Deflection to HALF (arround 50%) in Virtual controller settings and I got good results, my character is walking slower like I am using real Controller.

But, when I release W A D character continues to walk in that direction. If I press W and release it I can't stop my character from walking forward. For example when I press S button I actually stop my character but as soon as I release S character continue to walk forward or left or right depending which mapped button was last pressed.

2nd problem I have is that running is also slowed down. I want running to be at default which is LShift + W but I don't know how to configure this.

Can someone help me with this? I guess it's pretty simple process but I can't figure it out. All I want is W A D at 50% speed and running to be at default speed (Shift + W).

There is something else I noticed, when pressing mapped buttons in-game buttons show Xbox buttons but as soon as I move mouse or press non-mapped button game shows PC letter which can be little distracting.

Thanks!

Hey there!

First of all, I think you need to map a virtual controller not only to your keyboard, but to a mouse too.
    If you use it for one device only, the game will switch between two inputs, and it won't work.

Second, I think you may try this config that is intended to be used on Keyboard & Mouse while emulating a virtual controller.

Third, here is a video guide that shows how to make this config work, please check it too:

And finally, if nothing helped, please send me the config you are using, so I can check it too. That is pretty strange that you get any movement when WASD is released.
    You can find your config here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles

And be sure you are using the latest version. It is reWASD 5.4 released today

Comment

In our config, you walk slower while using Shift 1 (activated by Ctrl).

You may need to tune the Deflection in Main configuration for your case.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        In our config, you walk slower while using Shift 1 (activated by Ctrl).

You may need to tune the Deflection in Main configuration for your case.
        Thank you so much for all your help! It took some time to learn reWASD but I now understand much more how to use it. I created perfect Config for Metro Exodus out of your config then I copied it as Metro Exodus Config and now is perfectly ready to be used as Virtual DS4 controller on PC keyboard. As I said I just can't get used to real DS4 so reWASD is great software for this. However all I want actually is slower walking but still, incredible software. It will be so helpful on PS Now for games like TLOU, Uncharted etc.

I still haven't learned how to fine tune mouse movements, I will need to test that a little more.

I have few more questions. What is the point of Shift 1, Shift 2, Shift 3 and Shift 4? In my case Shift 1is used as slower walking thanks to your Config. Your Shift 2 is assigned to Right Mouse Button and only difference compared to Main Configuration and Shift 1 is a little bit different Deflection. Is it meant for easier Aiming in games for example? Shift 3 is on None as I can see while Shift 4 has Do not inherit on ALL KB and Mouse mappings and only mapped thing is Left Win button. What is Shift 4 meant for? For temporary disabling reWASD so I can type words in games and ignore mapings or it's meant for ignoring L Win as well? That would also be a handy feature for games. Usually keyboards have L Win lock now, my doesn't.

Thank you in advance for explanation what is the use of Shifts and what are best examples for their usage. Currently I will use Shifts as different walking speed in games. I am not sure what other usage of them I can get. I hope you will explain me this.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your reply. Great, that config works in the game.

So, Shift mode. Shif is the option permits activating different layout mapping by pressing\holding (or toggle) dedicated button called Shif modifier. You have the main configuration when you have layout #1, if you need something different you add it in a layout #2 inside shift. More details about the shift here - https://help.rewasd.com/faq/usecases.html?q=shift.

In the config.

Shift #1 is for the keyboard is for walking as you mentioned. It's tuned by changing the max. range of stick deflection from the right to the left - https://recordit.co/3m60ocVB8o

Shift #2 is for the right stick. It has a different stick deflection better set for aiming. Of course, you may adjust your own setting that fits you the most (check the link below).

Shift $4 brings your mouse and keyboard back to use. It has the Lwin button mapped with toggle, i.e press the button you get a mouse and keyboard and mouse, press again to get the controller.

Please, check this post to find more tips on how to tune a virtual stick on a mouse with reWASD - https://www.rewasd.com/blog/post/how...jdfbs5Tk40L0BM
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
            Hello,
            Thank you for your reply. Great, that config works in the game.

So, Shift mode. Shif is the option permits activating different layout mapping by pressing\holding (or toggle) dedicated button called Shif modifier. You have the main configuration when you have layout #1, if you need something different you add it in a layout #2 inside shift. More details about the shift here - https://help.rewasd.com/faq/usecases.html?q=shift.

In the config.

Shift #1 is for the keyboard is for walking as you mentioned. It's tuned by changing the max. range of stick deflection from the right to the left - https://recordit.co/3m60ocVB8o

Shift #2 is for the right stick. It has a different stick deflection better set for aiming. Of course, you may adjust your own setting that fits you the most (check the link below).

Shift $4 brings your mouse and keyboard back to use. It has the Lwin button mapped with toggle, i.e press the button you get a mouse and keyboard and mouse, press again to get the controller.

Please, check this post to find more tips on how to tune a virtual stick on a mouse with reWASD - https://www.rewasd.com/blog/post/how...jdfbs5Tk40L0BM
            Thanks for explanation!

I am encountering one problem. Punkbuster in Battlefield 4 is kicking me out of matches even when reWASD is closed and even when reWASD mapping service is killed in Task manager that's essentiall in order for reWASD to function properly.

Is there any other service running in background? I don't want to risk my Battlefield 4 account.

Comment

Hello,

reWASD is inactive and can't cause the problem if the game controller mapping service is off.

Please, open services and find the Game Controller Mapping Service - > check the service status. Stop it if it's running, try in the game again.
              https://prnt.sc/sftrgl.

In case it still persists, the problem is caused by some other apps or utilities installed your PC.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X