Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using reWASD on Desktop ONLY, when magic suddenly vanished

Hi reWASD team.

Yesterday I really thought I found the right software to control my desktop with my controller (and avoid mouse/keyboard on my living room PC). After a complex start with reWASD and hours spent on forums (especially this one), I came to conclusion that what I need won't work here.

My target was: I control the desktop with mouse emulation, I launch games, play, and back to mouse emulation when I quit the games.

1st configuration:

- Slots are enable
    - Dart icon too
    - Focus option in option > tray deactivated
    - Xbox ONE controller left stick mapped as mouse, nothing "unmapped"

What happens: Some games still keep focus in desktop mode (Dead cells) and are unplayable. Also when I move the mouse in Windows menu, or Windows 10 menus, white border boxes appears, and select me another icon that the one I focused with my cursor (these boxes are the ones to select an option when using keyboard arrows in any Windows 10 menu). This means a "arrow" input also is applied when I want to make a mouse move.

2nd configuration:

- Slots are enable
    - Dart icon too
    - Focus option in option > tray deactivated
    - Xbox ONE controller left stick mapped as mouse, BUT unmapped option is selected too

What happens: In this configuration, the bug with the boxes selection disappears, and I can navigate in Windows, select all options I want, move the cursor, all works perfectly, till... I launch a game. And because I set "unmapped" on the left stick, the stick simply doesn't work anymore in games.

Conclusion: Or I have white boxes issue under windows + some games don't work, or left stick doesn't work in games.

- Why don't you add an option to deactivate reWASD when Windows 10 desktop focus is lost ? (Controller Companion work like this, except it also has the boxes selection issue).
    - Does this boxes bug can be solves, or is there a workaround? As I manage to do it selecting "unmapping", maybe there is a solution ?

So close to have the perfect app, really hope a solution can be find

Hello!

If I understand you correctly, you need reWASD config with mouse on stick to be activated only while you navigate the Desktop.

1. In order to load it each time, please ensure which apps are added to the list of associated apps. Explorer.exe and SearchUI.exe are the main ones. What do you have there?
    Unmap is important here, you are right, it will mute the native stick behavior, so only mouse will work.

2. In order to stop the config when you launch a game, pleaseo ensure that "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" option in Preferences (the icon at the bottom right) -> Tray agent section is checked. Also, you should not have any other configs associated with your game, so the controller may get back to the normal state.

Comment

Working...
    X