Inputs clashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inputs clashing

When I play certain games the keyboard works fine but the mouse input clashes Everytime I use it, so the it doesn't function as a controller stick but rather as a mouse everytime I move the mouse. If you can help me out if be grateful as I'm testing out the product before.purchasing it. And if you could dumb it down for me that'd be nice

Hello! If a mouse works as a mouse still, it seems reWASD doesn't affect. Let's check a few possible reasons:

1. Have you grouped your mouse and keyboard?

2. Do you have an active trial for Advanced mapping feature (you can check it from License page, an icon with a key at the bottom right)?

3. And finally, it may be a chance that the device initialization is not completed correctly. Please follow these steps:
    1. Ungroup the Keyboard and Mouse, so all the devices are shown separately in the bottom left corner of the main window.
    2. Use Detection mode to find the correct Keyboard and Mouse. If you press the keyboard button but see mouse in reWASD, then you will need to re-initialize it (from the context menu of an active device).
    3. After you are sure about all the devices, please group Mouse and Keyboard and try to Apply your config and test it in joy.cpl or in a game

Comment

I did everything that was asked , now both keyboard and mouse have been disabled when I turn remapping on , it's default config I haven't changed anything but nothing works, it works a little weird now, when I alt tab out of game the controller works in game, I don't know what it is is it because of the shift key or something else I'm doing wrong

Comment

Update: it shows that controller is connected but neither mouse nor keyboard works everything is unresponsive unless I turn it off again

Comment

Hello,

Steps by step.

1. You group the mouse and keyboard apply the config. The mouse and keyboard became irresponsive as they act like a controller. It's good. If you open joy.cpl you are axes moving and buttons are pressing - http://recordit.co/VAVSTlGTSK?

2. Then, you open the game. Does the game see the controller? Gamepad controls are displayed to menu navigation etc. Note that is you press the Win button (Shift #4) you bring the mouse and keyboard back, so the game switch to keyboard input. If the game does not see the controller but you can see it in the system (joy.cpl, for example), please, restart the game. If it doesn't help - reboot he PC with active remap.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It does work I'm able to.switch to controller in game but only when the rewasd app is open, that is the rewasd window should be the primary window for it to work so I pull the rewasd app into the bottom corner so my game can function otherwise it doesn't, is there any fix for this

Comment

Update : I turned on ignore gamepad input in game that was the issues that's okay now. If you could help me with keyboard mapping that would be amazing since I don't know how to map buttons as same controller buttons have multiple functions , how do I assign different keys to all of those in mouse and keyboard

Comment

Hello,

- "turned on ignore gamepad input in-game" - doesn't mean that you disable controller support and play with physical keyboard and mouse? Or you do enable controller support in the game and play like a keyboard and mouse that is emulated as the controller?

- "how do I assign different keys to all of those in mouse and keyboard" - you already have all controls mapped to KMB. You just need to memorize what controls are dedicated to what keyboard buttons.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X