Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apex Legends + Xbox Elite 2 = mapping no longer works?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apex Legends + Xbox Elite 2 = mapping no longer works?

Anyone else having issues with the latest ReWASD and Apex Legends with an Xbox Elite 2 Controller?

My paddle mappings work fine on Desktop but no longer work in game.

Is anyone else having issues with Apex Legends?

Thoughts?

Hello!

Could you please show me which mappings do you have on your paddles? Please take a screenshot or send me the config file. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles

Comment

Thanks for the quick followup!

It's probably an issue with my Desktop setup.

I just tested Apex and ReWASD on my laptop and it works correctly.

Is there a way to tell if other controller drivers are interfering? (I recently installed and uninstalled ViGEmBus and HIDGuardian - perhaps that caused the issue?)

Comment

Those ones may cause issue with a virtual controller, yep. And it is pretty hard to remove both.

After you press Apply, please open joy.cpl (type joy.cpl in Windows search) and check whether the virtual controller appears. If yes, check how the paddles work. If no, seems that other drivers block it. If it is fully-functional, please try to restart the game and launchers (Origin, I assume) with remap turned on and check again.

Comment

Did a fresh install of ReWASD: Same problem - Mapping works in Desktop apps, but doesn't work in Apex

joy.cpl shows 'Xbox One For Windows' - and it responds to buttons/joystick changes.

If I click the magic wand in the UI it will switch to a 360 virtual controller

Summary:

mappings work fine in desktop apps, but fail when Apex is running. Odd.

Other ideas?

Comment

Also tested with Titanfall 2 - same issue.

re: something interfering with rewasd output?

I just noticed in Apex instead the normal visual keyboard labels in-game, I'm seeing non-regular characters (looks like an odd font?).

Other debugging thoughts?

Comment

Hello,

Please, share the config used for the Apex game. Steps how you can find the required config above. Was paddles were unmap in the Xbox Accessories app?
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Super strange - a fresh install of Apex fixed it. Sorry for the false alarm. Thank you again for the help.

Comment

Hello,
                  Got it. Have a great gaming experience.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                  X