Disable and Re-Enable binds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable and Re-Enable binds

Hey. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on disabling and re-enabling on specific keys. For instance, my goal is to have Q, V, Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 disable the virtual controller and go back to normal, and then 1, 2, 3, 4, Z and X to re-enable the virtual controller. To make it simpler, I want Q, V, Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 to allow the mouse to be unlocked and all the locked keys to be unlocked and usable, without the virtual controller outputting anything, similar to how the shift buttons works. And 1, 2, 3, Z and X to lock the keys once again and have the virtual controller start outputting again, similar to how it would be if I let go of the shifting button. The reason I don't just use a shift is because as far as I can tell, I can't link multiple keys to a single shift. Thanks in advance!

Hello,
    You're right. Shift permits a single button to be assigned as a shift modifier. Please, consider use slots feature - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/slots.html.

In your case, you may set keys combination of provided buttons for Slot #1 and Slot #2. The config with the controller's inputs is applied to slot #1, slot #2 is empty where original keyboard inputs are triggered. Switching between slots to get the required input.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Would it work if lets say I only clicked Q. It would then go to slot 1 where the hotkeys are listed as q, v, mouse 4?

Comment

What I want to do it have it so that I can just click q and it goes back to normal, I can just click v and itll go back to normal. I can just click mouse 4 or I can just click mouse 5 and itll go back to normal. As soon as click only 1 or only 2.. 3.. 4.. z.. x... only, it goes back to controller emulation.

Comment

It's really simple to do it with AHK. If there is any way to get AHK to work with reWASD let me know because I could use AHK to rebind those keys to a macro sorta thing, and that macro would do the hotkey for switching slots.

Comment

Hello,

I got you, the requested scenario where you may change either with Shift mode or Slots. Slots required 2 or 3 buttons in shortcut to switch. Shift modifier requires a single button and there are 4 shifts, so in theory, you may set 4 buttons as shift modifiers, inside shift set "Do not inherit" for all controls (the example how shift should look like inside). However, I don't know would it be good for you within your config usage.

As for AHK, I think, AHK sends virtual key presses, while reWASD works with physical devices only and waits for the actual press from the physical keyboard.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X