Input Priority?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Priority?

Hey guys, I bought the full package yesterday and I'm really pleased with the program as a whole, even if I haven't been able to figure out all the functions the application has to offer, yet.

I'll give you a brief summary on what I'm trying to do with the program and where my problems are:
    I mainly planned on using reWASD to simulate a controller while playing with mouse and keyboard for CoD Warzone (although I probably try out other games with controller aim assist support like Planetside 2) to aquire both aim assist aswell as easier lobbies when queuing. (I know I'm evil, no need to point it out :P)
    Now that I have set up the responsiveness and sensetivity to the point where it actually feels like I'm using a mouse and not a sponge to aim (which took me several hours of try and error in custom matches) the only thing I'm missing is the slight automatic recoil control I used to have via my Logitech Gaming Software's internal script, which looked like this for anyone wondering:

EnablePrimaryMouseButtonEvents (true);

function OnEvent(event,arg)

if IsKeyLockOn("numlock")then

if IsMouseButtonPressed(3)then

repeat

if IsMouseButtonPressed(1) then

repeat

MoveMouseRelative(0,1)

Sleep(21)

until not IsMouseButtonPressed(1)

end

until not IsMouseButtonPressed(3)

end

end

end

(I primarily use the Sleep function to adjust the recoil compensation intensity, but you could also increase the "(0,1)" in MoveMouseRelative to "(0,2)" or higher with similar effect)

To get to the bottom of my technical issue:
    Since I need to unmap the mouse buttons aswell as mouse movements to not get double clunky input and Warzone blocks all mouse input anyways as soon as you pick "controller" as your input source, I need my Logitech Gaming Software to get priority before reWASD so my internal script will send input towards reWASD which then simulates my physical mousemovement aswell as the output of the script as a virtual controller.
    Now I'm looking for suggestions to accomplish this, thanks in advance and I hope I won't be missunderstood, not a native english speaker nor very proud of my technical knowledge..

If anyone wants to know my config for reWASD and/or Warzone, let me know, I'll share.

Hey there!

Great to know that you have created a perfect config for a mouse, it may be a tricky thing Would be happy to see it in our Community.

As for recoil control, it doesn't seem to be possible to mix Logitech and reWASD scripts. reWASD works with physical input, and it seems that Logitech sends a virtual mouse movements.
    However, in your case, it is better to create another recoil control combo using controller input in reWASD. Please follow this guide with a simple example (for some games and specific weapons the combo may be a bit more difficult).

Comment

Hello,

Glad to sée you have made a good mouse config, ans im interessted to try it.
      Can you share it?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Check this link do download\import out config - https://www.rewasd.com/community/con...52b0633b1587f0
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
          it's his config with mouse adjustement? Its for im looking, he said if we are interessted then he can share his config, so its for what im looking.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Hello,
            This is our config that also tuned well, but if you would like to test the FunkyDonkey config, try to contact directly or check the dedicated game's configs in the community
            https://www.rewasd.com/community/gam...roller-support
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Your link is not working, im looking for something who have 1:1 stick to mouse. Because in my actual configs the mouse have not the same feeling like a true mouse, i hope you understand well bc my english is médium ^^`

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, I fixed the link. Check the reWASD config, the link I shared above

If you feel that some adjustments are required, check this blog (longread story but it worth it to understand how it works).
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for your help but i checked this blog link a lot of times and im trying to tweak the mouse since 5 days but i cant get a true 1:1 feeling. Its why im looking for other's config ^^`

Comment

Hello,

It's important to understand, that sticks do not work as a mouse does. To turn the character from side to side quickly, you need to hold the stick for some time at the maximum point of deflection. Which, in case of mapping the stick to the physical mouse, is equal to slowly, but consistently, moving it in a certain direction. You may try to achieve rough mouse behavior tweaking the settings but it won't work like a 100% real mouse.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

You tell me its impossible to get a 1:1 mouse feeling?

Comment

There is one thing that is impossible, fast turns. With mouse, you can make 360-degree turn with one fast move. While with a stick, you need to make a longer move to turn.

Other things are pretty close after some tuning in both reWASD and a game.

Comment

I understand well for turns and 360. But when i move my mouse, it doesnt make feel like i move my mouse, you see what i mean? It look like different, and im looking for a config with a good mouse feeling

Comment

Hello,

Try to fiddle with mouse sensitivity, stick deflection, change the curve responses, basically all items described in the post. Pay attention, that in-game settings are also important, like ADS, horizontal and vertical boost, etc. so despite the reWASD config play around with game settings.
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                            X