Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Help, Toggle Shortcuts

Hello,

i am playing right now Gravity Rush 2 on PS Now. Now i need to use the touch pad features to change the fighting styles.

Right now i do it over shortcuts, simple by pressing L and Right Stick direction to swipe in this direction.

Now i got the problem the character has gravity(Fly) (Button R) mode and grounded mode. In the Gravity mode the L button is to get back down. Now i thought it would be cool to use in gravity mode the ZL Button which is only mapped from the game in the grounded mode.

So basically i press R1 to get into Gravity mode and my shortcuts are mapped to ZL+R-Stick and to get back on ground i press L alone and my shortcuts move from ZL to L.

First i thought i could do it over the slots thingy, but i dont rly understand their purpose. After that i tried it with multiple configs but i cant see how to switch them like that.

Hello,
    Not quite understand how are you going to use the touchpad feature.

So in the gravity mode which is R button you want that L = ZL.

I thin you may try to use shift mode here -https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functions/shift-mode.html. Set R as shift modifier which fires gravity mode https://prnt.sc/t1fc5w. Inside shift you the L switch to ZL - https://prnt.sc/t1fcz0. Now Zl works as L in this mode. Press the R again to back bumper as a bumper.

Does it make sense for you?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Switching L and ZL would be good solution so the "physical L" would me always unmapped by the game.

" Press the R again to back bumper as a bumper. " This i want then to be the "game L", because to get on ground you need to press it. Pressing R again in gravity mode will trigger ingame that you fly away.

I will try that out, and look after option in Shift 1 to get back to main shift by pressing the "game L".

Comment

Switching L and ZL would be good solution so the "physical L" would be always unmapped by the game. *

Sorry for the typo, the forum dont let me correct things after i posted them because i am not authorized.

Comment

So i tried that but now i have the difficulty that if i am in Shift 1 with R, i cant get back to main or Shift 2 with ZL (Since i swapped the Keys in Shift 1, so L would be always be empty by the game)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Ground to Gravity.PNG
Views:	558
Size:	618.9 KB
ID:	219946
          Shift 2

Name:	Gravity to Ground.PNG
Views:	582
Size:	621.1 KB
ID:	219947
          I think the problem here is now the toggle value, i would kinda need a option on Shift to for my ZL to disable all other Shift in Toggle Mode. Then i would think it would work perfectly.

Shift 1 + Shift 2 Shortcuts (Looking the same)

Name:	Shortcuts.PNG
Views:	532
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	219948

Comment

Hey there!

Not sure if I get you right.

You have a Shift mapped to R1 (Toggle). You press it once, and now you switch Z and ZL + activate your shortcuts with touchpad moves. At the moment, you still need to use a physical L with a stick move for the shortcut. If you want to switch it to a trigger, use ZL in a shortcut too.

While you are inside a Shift, you can't switch to another one by design. To switch to Shift 2, go back to Main and activate the second shift modifier. However, I can't understand why you need it, because you have the same shortcuts there. Could you please describe what I am missing?

Comment

Sure, the L1 Key is not mapped if the charater is not in gravity/flymode.

You get into gravity mode with R1 if you press than the L1 Key you deactive the gravity mode and get back to ground.

If you are on ground the L2 Key you can run faster.

Now my Idea was in two different modes i got L1 or L2 not used by the game. So i switched in Shift 1 the Keys, so my L would be always empty and my ZL would be used to get on ground and to run faster.

Since the L Key is completly free i want to use my shortcuts to use the swipe features Up/Down/sides. So i did a trigger on R1 for Shift 1 and L2 for Shift 2 when my character is getting back on ground.

But now if i am always stuck in Shift 1, since i cant toggle it off with ZL because i cant set two toggle keys or a function to negotiate other shifts to off.

Comment

So demontrate it better i wrote up the game control layout:

Name:	Controlls.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	912.0 KB
ID:	219983

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, but I'm confused, as your first request was a bit different

Let's steps by step again.

1. Why do you need shift #1 and shift#2?

Shift#1

R1 - gravity mod. Inside Shift # L=ZL - > ZL+R-Stick getting you down to the ground. Press ZL again which is L to back to normal gravity. Press R to get the main configuration. This is what we discussed in our first correspondence

What are inside shift #2 and how do you use it?

I'm sorry that I'm asking lots of questions that are being looked at as simple ones, but if you can provide the sequence of your actions, step by step, it would be easier to understand.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                    Hello,
                    R1 - gravity mod. Inside Shift # L=ZL - > ZL+R-Stick getting you down to the ground. Press ZL again which is L to back to normal gravity. Press R to get the main configuration. This is what we discussed in our first correspondence
                    R1 - Getting into Zero Gravity mode, Inside Shift 1 # L = ZL -> ZL Gets me back on the ground, Presing L2 again if i am on the ground i run faster/gravity slide. ZL gets me also back to Main Config or Shift 2 (Placeholder). (R is shift key and in toggle mode)

Shortcuts of Shift 1 -> L + R Stick = Shortcut for Touchpad Swipe

Inside Shift 2 Or Main -> Evrything Normal, same shortcuts as shift 1 on L.
                    (ZL is shift key for main/shift2 in toggle mode, needs to disable shift 1, so keys are not swapped anymore )

Why main/shift2, i didnt found the option to get back to main, but to other shifts

Comment

Here i made Video to show how the game works, right now my main config is totally different what i told you now, because i need it like that so i could play somehow.

If you see ZL/L are in some states not mapped. You also see these shortcuts are messy, because the character is doing doge and gravity slide at same time.

And yes i sadly i could not you show everything because my trial is over. But as you can see R1 should trigger and the keys switch and my L + R Stick is for Touchpad shortcuts.

Now i want to get back to shift 2 where is everything normal, and L is also mapped with the same shortcuts.

Comment

And yes i only added 2, of 4 Shortcuts for testing.

Comment

Hey there! I'm sorry for the delay, but it seems I have some ideas that might work.

First thing: in order to get to the main configuration, you need to press the Shift modifier one more time. You can't emulate it on another button, and you can't switch to Shift 2 from Shift 1.

Now, my suggestion. As I understand you, you need to press R in order to go to this mode and L in order to leave the mode. Inside this mode, you need to have some shortcuts with touchpad actions. You may achieve this, but not with a Toggle, unfortunately. You can do the following:

1. Add L to the Release activator for R in Main:

Name:	0fd4be0858.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	220045

2. Uncheck "Toggle" for Shift.

Unfortunately, now you will need to press and hold R while you are in Zero Gravity mode. Once you release it, L will be pressed automatically, and you will be back to Main and leave this mode.

At the moment, there seems to be no solution to use Toggle Shift, but we will take this issue into account in the future releases.

I would be grateful if you try my idea. If your trial is over, feel free to contact me in DM, and I will prolong it, so you could be sure that it may work for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                            Hey there! I'm sorry for the delay, but it seems I have some ideas that might work.

First thing: in order to get to the main configuration, you need to press the Shift modifier one more time. You can't emulate it on another button, and you can't switch to Shift 2 from Shift 1.

Now, my suggestion. As I understand you, you need to press R in order to go to this mode and L in order to leave the mode. Inside this mode, you need to have some shortcuts with touchpad actions. You may achieve this, but not with a Toggle, unfortunately. You can do the following:

1. Add L to the Release activator for R in Main:

Name:	0fd4be0858.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	220045

2. Uncheck "Toggle" for Shift.

Unfortunately, now you will need to press and hold R while you are in Zero Gravity mode. Once you release it, L will be pressed automatically, and you will be back to Main and leave this mode.

At the moment, there seems to be no solution to use Toggle Shift, but we will take this issue into account in the future releases.

I would be grateful if you try my idea. If your trial is over, feel free to contact me in DM, and I will prolong it, so you could be sure that it may work for you.
                            That is a clever idea but you need to press R again to fly in the looking direction. I am looking for a clean solution, so i can continue playing the game and enjoy it.

If there was api or a way to add scripts to rewasd, i could do it myself. But i think your product goal is to achieve a simple clean UI with many simple features.

A simple inverter in Shift 1 would do the trick, or disabling one shift from another. My very first idea was to use the use the slots preferences under settings, but there you need at least two keys, which must be also unique. I can understand that restrictions are good for most simple users, since i am programmer myself, but a expert mode would be nice.

Comment

Another question which i have, can you use the bought Version offline? Since i blocked it in my firewall, because its not really trustworthy installing virtual devices, without any github/open source code.

Comment

Working...
                              X