Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untoggle lean when leaving ADS

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I found a few topics close to this subject but not exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

I play Rainbow Six Siege and am using reWASD to help me move from console to PC. One thing I like about the console version is it cancels any lean your character is doing when exiting Aim Down Sights (ADS). This also allows you to assign the lean buttons to other functions when not ADSing.

I'd like to do the same with my mouse, and I have gotten close using reWASD. Using the shift function, I have toggle lean on a thumb mouse button when ADSing (right mouse button), and can use the same mouse button for other functions when not ADSing. The problem is I have to toggle lean off before releasing the ADS button. I'd like releasing the ADS button to toggle lean off if it is on.

I hope I have made sense. reWASD is great and has gotten me a lot closer to PC gaming than I ever thought possible. Thanks so much!

Hello,
    Thank you for the question.

So, you have RMB as a shift modifier that gives you different controls layout for ADS. The modifier is toggled, so the Shift mode switches when you press&release RMB.

Is ADS lean button = RMB? Or RMB button switches shift#1 but inside shift you have additional ON\OFF ADS button? May I ask you to describe the mappings that are used in the config?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have set RMB to be both ADS and Shift. This is how I have done it, but I am happy to change this if it could be done in a better way:

I set ADS to 'toggle' in game settings. In reWASD, unmapped RMB and set RMB click to register on RMB click AND release. That way, I can click and hold RMB to ADS and access the shift modifier, and release RMB to trigger another click which exits ADS.

While in shift modifier, I press thumb mouse button to lean, but when I release RMB and exit ADS, I am still leaning. I would like to stop leaning when I exit ADS.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

May I ask you to provide the config file. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Also, inside shift, is the lean action, that mapped to the thumb mouse button toggled? And specify where did you set this setting - "I set ADS to 'toggle' in-game settings".

Thank you in advance.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I tried some other stuff with my config and it took me a while to get it back to where it was when I asked the original question. Please find my config attached.

To answer you latest question, yes the lean action is toggled and I would like it to stay that way if possible.

By "in-game settings" I mean in the Siege settings. In the game, both ADS and lean can be set to 'hold' or 'toggle'. I found that lean has to be set to toggle in Siege so I don't, for example, have to untoggle lean left before I can lean right. But apart from that, I'm open to suggestion on what changes I can make to have a chance of making this work the way i want.

In the config, I use a joycon instead of a keyboard in my non-mouse hand. I don't think that makes a difference but if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help

Attached Files

Comment

Hey there!

It seems that the only wait to do what you need to to set both RMB and C to the release activator of your mouse, but, unfortunately, there is no way to set a combo for Release activators in the current reWASD releases. I hope we will add this feature in one of the upcoming versions!

Comment

That's OK! Thanks again for your help and making such a great program!

Comment

Thank you for your kind words!

Comment

Working...
                X