Unable to get past "Gamepad mapping serveice is not running..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to get past "Gamepad mapping serveice is not running..."

After just installing the program this prompt came up. The options are to start or to cancel. after pressing start and allowing it to make changes to my system reWASD is stuck frozen. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Hello,

Please, try to install the reWASD from scratch. Uninstall the software - > reboot the PC - > install the ver. 5.4 one more time and check if the problem reproduces.

Also, disable all antiviruses that are running background as they also could cause this problem.

Let us know any results.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response. I tried reinstalling it from scratch and made sure to reboot but the issue still comes up on the new install. I disabled all my antiviruses and firewalls.

Comment

Hello!

Please go to Services (just type it in Windows search) an find Game Controller Mapping Service. Try to start it manually from the context menu. Do you get any error?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fe6faa1749.jpg
Views:	3364
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	220084

Comment

I got this error message
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. May I also ask you to send the logs that were created after the installation?

You may find them here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs

Comment

When i try to upload logs i get the error that it has invalid file data. Also i am not allowed to upload files that end in .etl for some reason. Is there a email i can send them to?

Comment

I've checked the settings, and now the *.etl files should be approved. Otherwise, you can archive them and attach as a *.zip file.

Comment

I have decided to reset my windows install for an unrelated issue. hopefully, it will resolve this one as well. I'll get back to you on if it works. Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

Hello,

Let us know any results.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The issue has been fixed!

Comment

Hello,

Great news! Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                        X