Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD not working with Xbox Streaming

Hey there.

I was wondering, why I can't use reWASD in connnection with Xbox Game Streaming on Windows 10? Every time I save a button combo by pressing on "Apply", the controller disconnects from Xbox App on PC, where the game is being streamed to. Is it possible to make this work somehow, so that it doesn't discconect from the app/game? It only reconnects to the app/game again, if I either disable the Key Combo or close reWASD completely, which makes it unusable.

Would love to use reWASD key combo feature for a couple single player missions that require you to spam the A button to run faster. I hate spamming buttons for faster movement and would love to automate this.

If something in this post is unclear, I'll do my best to answer questions and provide more info if needed. Hope I can resolve this.

Hello,

Sorry, but I 've barely heard about Xbox streaming. May I ask you to describe the problem. As I understand this is a cloud service, like a shadow cloud gaming or it works another way? Steps or some footage revealing the problem are appreciated.

Was it released officially or still in test mode?

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

Sorry, but I 've barely heard about Xbox streaming. May I ask you to describe the problem. As I understand this is a cloud service, like a shadow cloud gaming or it works another way? Steps or some footage revealing the problem are appreciated.

Was it released officially or still in test mode?

Thank you in advance.
      It's a fully released feature and functions via network streaming, so no cloud service involved. Basically, you just make sure that your console is turned on and in the same network as your PC. Then, on your PC, you open the Xbox Companion App, connect to the console and start the streaming. As soon as you do that, the Xbox Companion App goes Fullscreen and you can play the game on your PC with a controller.

My problem is, that reWASD doesn't seem to support the Xbox Companion App and thus the game that I'm streaming to my PC. I tried to apply various Key Combos, but whenever I do that, the controller gets disconnected and inputs don't work until I disable the Key Combos or close reWASD. This problem only occurs with the Xbox Companion App, because I have tested various games on Steam and etc. and have successfully applied several button combos in multiple games.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your details.

I must admit that we have several feedbacks regarding the reWASD and Xbox Companion App, but there weren't incompatibilities problems, however, I didn't test or tried personally.

Is virtual Xbox 360 controller displayed in joy.cpl after the config applying (to open, please press win button - > type joy.cpl)?

Is this option checked? It permits hiding the physical controller and the system sees virtual one when remap is ON.

Does the Xbox Companion App see the virtual controller before the game is running? If it doesn't, try to re-launch the Xbox app with active reWASD mappings. Or the controller is seen by the Xbox app but stops being seen when the game is running.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Hello,
          Thank you for your details.

I must admit that we have several feedbacks regarding the reWASD and Xbox Companion App, but there weren't incompatibilities problems, however, I didn't test or tried personally.

Is virtual Xbox 360 controller displayed in joy.cpl after the config applying (to open, please press win button - > type joy.cpl)?

Is this option checked? It permits hiding the physical controller and the system sees virtual one when remap is ON.

Does the Xbox Companion App see the virtual controller before the game is running? If it doesn't, try to re-launch the Xbox app with active reWASD mappings. Or the controller is seen by the Xbox app but stops being seen when the game is running.
          Checked everything this morning and I finally got it to work. The joy.cpl and the reWASD setting in your screenshot were not the issue. To be honest, I still don't know what the actual issue was, but the Key Combos/remapping works now and the controller doesn't disconnect anymore.

Thanks for your help. Really really appreciate it. I'm sure I'll get lots of usage out of this.

Comment

Hello,

Good news! Thank you for letting us know. It's very interesting what did you do to fix the disconnection issue. Maybe some steps to understand the way to get a clue?
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I haven't done anything other than restarting both reWASD and the Xbox Companion App multiple times and testing Key Combos afterwards. After the 4th or 5th restart, it just started to work.

Don't know why, but I can imagine that it had something to do with what you said here:

Comment

Hello,

I get it! Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'm having the same issue again and I can't seem to fix it anymore. As soon as I apply any Key Combo or Mapping, the controller just disconnects from the game.

I was wondering, if somebody would be willing to help via Discord? I could share/stream my desktop live while we go through possible issues.

If not, I could just record a video to showcase the issue, but I don't exactly know what I would need to include in the video.

Comment

Hello,

Is the controller still seen in joy.cpl and only a game doesn't see it? Can you use a remapped controller out of the game?

Yes, w have a Discord channel, so yes, contact us in Discord and we try to figure your problem out.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi there. I'm able to remap my keyboard to controller just fine, however my mouse doesn't seem to unmap itself and act as a right stick whenever I use the companion app. I don't have autodetection on (doesn't work with the app), so I have to apply the config manually, which I guess could be the source of my issues. Is there someway to forcefully unmap the default mouse globally (not just for a particular application)? Or am I missing something here?

Comment

Hello,

Your keyboard and mouse are grouped and remapped as a controller. When remap is OFF your keyboard acts as a regular keyboard, but the mouse is still like a stick. Did I get you right?

When remap is off, all mappings are disabled and your peripherals work as usual.

May I ask you to specify some details. Are mapping disabled (remap is OFF) for a mouse or K&M devices? Are any virtual devices in the joy.cpl (type joy.cpl in windows search and open the utility to see)?

Thank you in advance.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                        X