Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration Questions

Hey there,

I'm a new user of reWASD and I am pretty impressed so far. But I have a really hard time to configure it right. Watched YT videos helped a bit, tho.

I created a virtual 360 controller and mapped my mouse and keyboard to it after putting them in a group. Activated the automatic switch when starting the application and so far it works.
    But: when i start my PC, rewasd applies the profile even the application is not running and I don't have control over the mouse and keyboard then.
    I put 1 key on the keyboard to switch profiles to the 2nd one and didn't configure anything in that profile. I am able to use the mouse and keyboard then, but my mouse scroll wheel does not work and the keyboard buttons i mapped in the 1st profile (wasd, ctrl, shift, space, etc.) are not working either. even ctrl+alt+del does NOT work!

How to I setup a hotkey to disable any current mappings and enable it back again?

Also I wonder if it is possible to change profiles on the run, i.e. the buttons in menus are really hard to get right because digipad left is like shift or something. Can I add a "menu" profile in my profile to control the menu with other keybindings? might be useful for inventory management, too.

I'm wondering if you could set up something like recoil control in a FPS by using a makro, is there any guide for this?

Regards,

Berryfish

Hello,
    Thank you for your questions.

1. Open software Settings - > TrayAgent - "Enable autoremap on startup" - this option permits configs applying in automatically if there were applied before PC restart. Uncheck it if you want to apply config in a manual way. The CTRL+ALT+Del shortcut on a keyboard always works to cancel all active mappings.

There are also type of mappings called command, one of them is turn remap OFF that disables the remap for a chosen device or group of devices. So it could be used to cancel remapping, but to remap ON you need to apply the config manually.

2. Not quite understand about 2 profiles. Apparently you meant shift mode. It allows creating different layout and change between main configuration and shift configuration with help set shift modifier withing a single config. More detailed this online manual. Let me know if I got you wrong.

3. Blowback/recoil from the weapon this use case post
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Wow, thank you for the reply.
      There is another question:
      In the guide you linked it says:

Note, that if you don’t assign any mappings to a certain control inside the Shift overlay, it will reproduce as a mapping from Main layer

Can I just apply the MAP (not unmap) command to the assigned buttons in another layer to temporarily deactivate the options set on the main layer or do I have to disable the whole remap?

I watched the video about mouse sensitivity and I almost got it right except that I don't figure out how to change minimal movements of the mouse resulting in minimal movements while aiming. I feels not accurate enough, jumping some pixels. Fast aiming and movement of the camera is alright though.

Thanks for the great support. Considering the price of the software it really feels like a steal.

Comment

Hello,

1. Mmm. You may select the "Do not inherit" option inside the shift. In this case, The remapped button triggers the main overlay, but do not trigger in the shift overlay. Other mappings are work.

2. Try to increase a stick deflection inside Shift 2 and a bit Noice filter - http://recordit.co/qWEYDqEtOD.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I really got it running now, working great!
          There's still something I'd like to ask:

How am I able to remap my mouse-scroll-wheel to a gamepad button? I'm just able to set the wheel click but not the scroll wheel up/down. when I remap something on my controller or keyboard, I can choose mousewheel up/down but vice versa?

My mouse is a logitech g3 and the x1 x2 buttons are not detected correctly / don't work. Is there anything I can do about it?

Is there a way to bind a key to do 2 actions (press and hold -> gamepad x, doublepress and hold -> gamepad y)?

Thank you for all the support you provide!

Berryfish

Comment

Hello,

1. There is no option to remap scroll he'll in reWASD at the moment. It's possible using the mouse native software. The idea is to re-assign the scroll wheel in this native software to other buttons, these button use in reWASD to remap with required binding. More detailed is here

2. How do these buttons are detected in the native Logitech software, as X1\X2 too? Check that On-Board Memory option is checked in Logitech gaming software

3. There are activators option permits to add mappings for Single, Double, Triple, Long press, and also for Start press and Release press. Details are here https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functions/activators.html.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello, Berryfish-8.

Check the latest reWASD 5.5.1 where we added the option to remap the scroll wheel (up and down). Please update and welcome to add more remapping.

Let us know your feedback.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X