No announcement yet.

Virtual Input Devices each Controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Input Devices each Controller?

I try to explain what I want to do.
    I want to Play the Game “Raft” with Controller, but not alone. There is a Program out there called “NucleusCoop” it makes it possible to play “Raft” with my Girlfriend in Splitscreen.
    The Problem is, only Keyboard and Mouse worked in this Game.

We need two separated Controller, that means is there a possibility to have for each Controller one virtual Input device? Because the Program “NucleusCoop” is detecting the Devices of the Computer. If I install your Program than only one now Keyboard and Mouse is shown in the list. But I need for each Controller one new Device Input. Can your Program realize what I want to do?

Attached is a Screenshot of what I mean with input device in the Program. The red Marks shows that two new Devices are detected for your Progam. The Problem is I can not use the Controller separately. Only If your Program would detect each controller as one new Virtual Input Device.(Xbox 360/Xbox One)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	3457
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	220205
    Usually I can drag and drop the Controller I want so in this Case the Keyboard and Mouse I want in the corner of the Splitscreen for each Player. But now I need for the second Controller also a seperate Input, in the Picture below marked as red.

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	3324
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	220206
    Thanks Guys!

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

1. It's going to work if you have 2 physically connected mouse\keyboard. Then you may group them and use them as separate virtual devices.

2. If you have a single keyboard + mouse, but the showed on screenshot utility creates, let say 2 virtual keyboards of single physical, then no, it's not going to work, as reWASD works wit physical devices only and will not detect the virtual keyboard.

Please correct me if I didn't get your request properly.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the fast answer. Since I install your Program I have one new Virtual Device from your Program already in my Device List.

I tried to use one Controller as this Virtual Device and I combine the other Controller with my connected Keyboard and Mouse. But it’s not shown separately. Both controller were recognized as the virtual device your Program has added to the Computer.

do I need any upgrade? Because I want to try it usually on the free Trail before I buy it. But if you tell me I need this upgrade that it worked than I would buy.

I try to connect another keyboard and mouse at the computer and connect them together. maybe this worked and the program “NucleusCoop” recognize it as two separate devices.

Comment

Hello,

No, that's correct. If you remap the keyboard (for example) to the virtual controller it shows as a separate device. When you add mouse and already remapped keyboard, the previously created virtual device is deleted, the new one is created after config applying (in this case mouse + keyboard will be acting as virtual device).

I'm sure that another keybord&mouse set solves the issue.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey Star-Lord,

I connect another Keyboard and Mouse, here a Picture of my Devices. You can also see your Program is in here as a Virtual Driver once! Don´t ask me why many of this device shown twice. I Try to reinstall all but its al shown like this.

Name:	2.png
Views:	3320
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	220217
          But I group them up like you said, here you can see what I did.

Name:	1.png
Views:	3214
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	220218
          Here are the Settings, just for a try I make a basic control.

Name:	Xbox360 Set.png
Views:	3632
Size:	590.4 KB
ID:	220219

Name:	XboxOne Set.png
Views:	3376
Size:	565.9 KB
ID:	220220

The Problem is, that the Program “Nucleus Coop” don’t detect the each Controller as a Keyboard and Mouse. There are not Separated, here is a Picture of that Problem I marked the not used green and the useable Devices Red. But you can see both Controller are recognized as the same Keyboard and Mouse. I think I need a Virtual Driver from your Program for each Controller that it works. Or I do something wrong or I need a Upgrade to buy from your Program.

Name:	3.png
Views:	3328
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	220221

I could play with both Mouse and Keyboard sets but I would like to play “Rust” with my Girlfriend on the Flatscreen in the Livingroom on the Couch. That is why I try so hard.
          Thanks for your time I appreciated that.

Comment

Usually It should look like that. Each Controller has there own Keyboard and Mouse "virtual driver/input device" for playing splitscreen.

Name:	4.png
Views:	3153
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	220223

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for your reply.

Why do you need yo combine the devices in the reWASD? As I understand the “Nucleus Coop" combines then together while screen splitting. Devices are highlighted when you pick them. So, you split the screen, pick keyboard and mouse - > drug to the one side of the screen. Pick another keyboard and mouse and dru&drop to another side - > Launch the game.

To use the controller you need to unmap it completely and then set the keyboard&mouse mappings. This is what I did - https://streamable.com/tx9qty (the remapped controller was added at first, then keyboard and mouse) Does it make sense?
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello Star-Lord,
                Thanks for all your help and the Video you took for me. I´m speechless that you also try it with the same Program, thanks also for your affort. English is not my native language, I think I misunderstood something and explain wrong.
                Now I also captured the Screen: https://streamable.com/nu2zzw The Problem is I want to use two Controller each should shown as a separate Mouse and Keyboard.
                • Player one (Top of the Splitscreen) use the Xbox One Controller
                • Player two (Down of the Splitscreen) use the Xbox 360 Controller
                But Its shown in “Nucleus Coop” as the same Mouse and Keyboard even if I unmap them and I plug in a second physical Mouse and Keyboard set.
                You can see in the video, the Problem. Is there a Possibility to get a Virtual Keyboard and Mouse set for each Controller separated?

Comment

Hello,

For some reason, I decided that you going to use controller and physical keyboard\mouse and the utility can't detect the controller as KMB. Sorry about that. Everything is clear now and I'm afraid that reWASD won't help.

reWASD creates all mappings within a single device virtual input device for reWASD no matter how many controllers are connected physically and remapped to KMB.

So, in your case, the best option is controller + one of your physically connected KMB. 2 separate controllers ( Xbox One Controller and Xbox 360 Controller) are detected as single input KMB device not 2 ones (in our case it looks like - https://prnt.sc/tb2e8k).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello Star-Lord,
                    thanks for your time and your help. Maybe in the Future your Program will have this possibility to make a virtual Mouse and Keyboard. You have this already if you Map the Controller as a virtual Xbox 360 or DS4 Controller.
                    Keep on, with your great work.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you too. We will investigate more deeply the idea of multi-devices for the keyboard (mouse) as the feature for the next releases.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey there!

We do create a virtual keyboard and mouse. You may see Virtual Input Device for reWASD in the system after reWASD installation.
                        However, it is always one device, and in most cases it is enough. We will investigate the idea to create a few and be able to choose the input for your config. Stay tuned :satisfied:

Comment

Working...
                        X