Rapid Fire XBox one controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Fire XBox one controller

Hi, I have tried to get rapid fire (turbo) to work correctly on the right trigger. I'm running an Xbox one controller on windows 10 PC. I have umaped the trigger an applied turbo. it basically works, but is very inconsistent and sporadic. I have tried all different pause times from low to high. The pause times are reflected but the result is still an inconsistent sputter. This problem shows both in-game and in the built in windows .joy controller menu. Please advise. Thanks, Frank.

Hello,

What mappings do you use? What binding did you set to unmapped trigger?

"but is very inconsistent and sporadic" - Does it mean that turbo fires out of the set interval (pauses between shots)? Is problem the same with digital buttons?

Details are appreciated.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry, thought it was pretty detailed.

Steps:
      1) Select right trigger in GUI or "hook" it.
      2) Click unmap button.
      3) Click turbo button. This activates the turbo feature and also automatically designates the reWASD mapping line to game pad Right trigger. Or I could go into the drop down list and select gamepad right trigger, but no need because its already selected when I check the turbo box.
      4) Hit apply. These are the steps I saw on the official reWASD youtube rapid fire video tutorial.
      Yes it acts the same with the didgital buttons.

It will fire out like 3 to 4 proper intervals "pauses between shots" then it will pause for a longer period than the set interval, almost like a glitch, then it might fire out 2 more proper paused shots and then another glitch (pause), then a couple more proper set intervals (pauses between shots). this type of pattern keeps repeating itself and is random. There are no consistent strings of shots with all having the same set pause interval. Its not smooth. Kind of like "pow,pow,pow-----------pow,pow----pow---------------pow,pow------------------------pow,pow,pow,pow------pow,pow----------pow. etc.....etc....

Thanks, Frank.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

How did you determine the "pow-pow" behavior? It feels in the game what way or you did use some testers, like joy.cpl or html5gamepad?
        Perhaps you need to increase a pause between shots for a little?

I would also recommend trying with a combo. Please, set this combo for the right trigger - > set a turbo option.

Does the problem persist?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
          As stated in original post "I have tried all different pause times from low to high", "This problem shows both in-game and in the built in windows .joy controller menu". Also. your "combo" link doesn't work "cant reach page, invalid link". I have tried adding combos like stick position while trigger pressed, the stick combo works fine, just not to turbo function. I have also tried setting it up using the trigger zone feature, get same results. Also, while turbo is activated the very first press of the trigger is delayed sometimes. All other mapping, combos etc... I have done work fine, just not the rapid fire turbo feature. Obviously there is a problem with this feature. Kinda sucks because that's the main reason I paid the upgrade price.
          Thanks, Frank.

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for the feedback.

I made a video regarding my post above - https://streamable.com/ntwsrt. This is what I meant and would like that you try that way too.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, I watched your video. I added the trigger combo with pause. I played around with the turbo and trigger combo pauses and got it to work great. Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping me figure this out. I appreciate it, Frank

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for your feedback. Have a great gaming experience.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X