Some basic questions on how reWASD works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic questions on how reWASD works

Hello, I just installed reWASD because I’m unhappy with how the PS4 controller is set up for Green Hell. I’m playing it through Steam and wasn’t able to reconfigure the controller successfully with it.

After experimenting a bit I’m still not being able to make it work. Here are some questions that came up so far:

1) How does reWASD work exactly? Does the program have to be running in parallel/background with the game or is it just used to configure the settings and create a setup file that is then used by Windows?

2) Are there any more detailed instructions on how to use reWASD with Steam games?

3) Is there any conflict between reWASD and Steam configurations for the same controller?

4) Are these questions already answered somewhere in https://help.rewasd.com/ ? If not, can this information be added there?

Hey there, welcome to our community

1. reWASD has a background process that enables mappings. After you apply a config, it works for any app and game. If you need to apply a config for one game only, learn more about Autodetect.

2. There is nothing special with Steam, except for you need to switch the controller support off in Big Picture, so only reWASD works.

3. As 2 says, it is better to switch the controller support off, because at the moment you get both Steam and reWASD mappings. Otherwise, use Unmap is reWASD: it will tune the native controller behavior off, and Steam won't see the controller. Use magic wand under the controller picture to unmap all controls at once.

4. Nope, there is nothing about Steam there, because in most cases it is just an ordinary game. We will add this info, thanks for noticing.

Comment

Working...
    X