Better explanation of games, configs and slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better explanation of games, configs and slots

Hi, I’ve read the guides and even watched a video by the rewasd team on youtube but the explanation of exactly what ‘games’, ‘configurations’ and ‘slots’ are and how they work together is poorly explained.

I wish to primarily use my control pad as a mouse (the pc is setup on the living room TV) with different configurations being mapped when certain programs are loaded (and reverting back to the mouse config when the program is closed or minimised).

If anybody can explain things a bit better that would be appreciated as well as any tips on how to best setup rewasd for my use.

Hello,

Slots - the feature permits applying up to 4 different configs and switches between them with set shortcuts. Very convenient if you have several layouts (like controller and keyboard ones) to use.

So, apply a config to slot#1, apply another config to slot#2. Switch between then with shortcuts that you've set in the software preferences. There are dots beneath the reWASD window showing which slot is active. I made a video, hope it would be useful.

Config - Set of mappings that would be applied to your controller. This is more detailed regarding the reWASD workspace (including video guide).

In your case, reWASD has already Desktop config for Desktop navigation. You may use this config as default.

Also, you can use Autodetect to apply configs that dedicated to a certain program. Check the manual about autodetect.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello, thank you for the reply. I suppose my main question I need to know first is if I can only have 4 autoconfigs set up at any 1 time? (ie are autoconfigs tied to the 4 slots?

I wish to setup an autoconfig to each game which then reverts back to ‘desktop’ mode when the app is not in focus.

Comment

Hello,

No, you may set as many configs as you need with Autodetect, and each time when the software will be in focus, a required config re-applies in the same Slot. Like, you Desktop config, several games configs could be in the single slot, you may not set each config to separate slot. The main idea is when the certain app in focus - > certain config applies automatically.

If you want to change Slots in a manual way, using shortcuts then 1 config = 1 Slot. So, you Desktop for slot#1, some config game = slot#2. No matter what is in focus you may switch slots whenever you need.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

That makes sense and has helped me understand the system a lot better, thank you for your time

Comment

Yay! Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Comment

Hey reWASD, I didnt see a button to be able to make a post, but I need your help. In Warzone when I have the rapid fire on, I can't drive a car. I love the program and how easy it is but is there any work around for this?

Comment

Originally Posted by MrCantDrive View Post
                Hey reWASD, I didnt see a button to be able to make a post, but I need your help. In Warzone when I have the rapid fire on, I can't drive a car. I love the program and how easy it is but is there any work around for this?
                New topic: this link.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello, thank you for the reply. I suppose my main question I need to know first is if I can only have 4 autoconfigs set up at any 1 time? (ie are autoconfigs tied to the 4 slots?

I wish to setup an autoconfig to each game which then reverts back to ‘desktop’ mode when the app is not in focus.

Comment

Originally Posted by AubreyAllen View Post

Hey there!

There are no limits to the number of configs applied automatically with the Autodetect. You just choose a slot to which some config should be applied, so you have 4 configs for each application and game. If something weird is happens in your case, it seems that something is not adjusted properly.

I recommend you to learn more about Autodetect from our help guide and make a fresh restart for reWASD to adjust this functionality from scratch. Please follow these steps to restart associations:

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
                    2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
                    3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
                    4. Adjust Autodetect again

Comment

So-called 'Default config' feature is not yet implemented.
                      The config is not being reverted after the game is shut.
                      Still, you can add some desktop apps to the autodetect feature to apply another config.

Comment

Working...
                      X