Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox Elite 2 and Final Fantasy 14 (PC) always forgets Analog Sensitivity setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite 2 and Final Fantasy 14 (PC) always forgets Analog Sensitivity setting

I'm using the Xbox Elite 2 controller on PC to play Final Fantasy 14. reWASD has allowed me to remap the paddles just fine, everything on the controller seems to be working as expected, except that the setting for Analog Sensitivity in-game keeps getting reset to the default value of 55 every time I leave and reopen the game. I had previously used reWASD with FFXIV with a regular Xbox One controller, both wired and over Bluetooth, and haven't experienced this issue.

Also I noticed that with the Elite 2, I'll hear the Windows device connection sound play when the game starts (I have my reWASD profile linked to the game, to be enabled when the game starts), and I'll hear the disconnect sound play when the game closes. With the regular Xbox One controller I never heard this, so I wonder if something different is going on in the background - maybe reWASD is presenting the controller to Windows (and to FFXIV) as a different/new controller every time?

Hello,

1. Please, specify what config do you use for the gameplay? Is it config with the controller's buttons or keyboard as well (maybe some combi included)? What's the value of 55, is it an in-game settings option? (Sorry, I'm not an FFXIV gamer)?

2. This is a sound of a created virtual controller as it seems that you use the autodetect feature, so the config applies automatically when the game is focus and sound of virtual controller disabling when the game is out of focus. It means that your config contains some mappings that require the virtual controller. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles. ​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Star-Lord,

I've attached my config file. For FFXIV I'm only using the controller configuration (nothing is customized for my keyboard and mouse for this game in reWASD). I did follow the instructions that reWASD provided first, by creating a blank profile/mapping for each of the controller's 3 built-in presets.

Sorry, the value of 55 is within 0-100 for the Analog Sensitivity setting in the game. It's the default value, and it essentially sets the dead zone for the analog sticks of the controller that you're using. It's the only setting that keeps getting reset every time I load the game. Let me know if you'd like any more info, thank you!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

It seems to me you do not need a virtual controller in your case, you may just add Gamepad mappings for your paddles + leave your keyboard assignments.

I think previously, with Xbox One, you did it like described above, and so you didn't get a notification about new connected controller.

So, I've modified a config a bit, and I think it should work OK now.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahh that worked, thank you! The setting doesn't revert back to default now. I'm not sure what I did during the config process to make it set up as a virtual controller, but the config you provided does the job. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello,
            Glad that it worked. Have a great gaming experience.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yay! Thanks for letting us know!

In your config, you have added D-Pad buttons from reWASD mapping list instead of Gamepad mapping list. This is why you get a virtual controller.

There is nothing wrong, but, for a virtual controller, the stick deadzone should be set to zero in the current moment, because both virtual and physical are summed up, and that was the problem.
              Anyway, it is always better to use the physical controller, because it is always more stable. In your case, it is the best option

Comment

Working...
              X