XBox Elite 2 (re)mapping woes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBox Elite 2 (re)mapping woes.....

So, I followed the guide and all my slots (via xbox app) are EMPTY.

What I wanted to do however, was setup one of the profiles in reWASD to the same as one of my profiles from the xbox app.... so mapping paddle buttons etc.

The problem is, when (re)mapping it as a controller, it does NOTHING in Fortnite. I've tried unmapping everything, as well as mapping each button to their normal buttons, but mapping the paddles to A or X etc how I had them set up in xbox app, but it's as if the controller isn't recognised - it just does not work.

If I map buttons to keyboard it works fine, and the buttons etc press the bound buttons or mouse input etc - but that's not what I want to do in this instance.

So what am I doing wrong??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1695
Size:	680.8 KB
ID:	220471

Note: I have tried with both unmapping first (as pictured - white circle with line through) and also without unmapping first.

In fortnite, I have also tried "Ignore gamepad..." setting both on and off and makes no difference. No matter what I do, I can not get a standard controller function to work.

Hello!

At the moment, you are using the virtual controller, and it seems that the game doesn't recognize it at once. You may need to press Apply before the game and all its launcher(s) opened.

However, in your case, it seems to be better to use the physical controller only, and add keyboard actions to your paddles. This is what you have already done for С and Z.

For two other paddles, use Gamepad mapping section instead of reWASD mapping (you will see white icons):

Click image for larger version  Name:	3e9c4e9f8f.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	220475

As you may see, there are no additional mappings on the controls that should be left as is.

I've attached a config too, hope it will help!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

At the moment, you are using the virtual controller, and it seems that the game doesn't recognize it at once. You may need to press Apply before the game and all its launcher(s) opened.

However, in your case, it seems to be better to use the physical controller only, and add keyboard actions to your paddles. This is what you have already done for С and Z.

For two other paddles, use Gamepad mapping section instead of reWASD mapping (you will see white icons):

Click image for larger version Name:	3e9c4e9f8f.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	220475

As you may see, there are no additional mappings on the controls that should be left as is.

I've attached a config too, hope it will help!
      Thanks, I will give it a try. In this particular case, I didn't actually want Z and C mapped, tha was just a screenshot after I'd added keyboard binds to test something.

I had already tried relaunching the game (Fortnite) and epic launcher itself (Used to launch fortnight) but still no joy - but sounds like it could be because I was doing it wrong. Will test your profile and report back .

Thanks again

Comment

Hello,

Please, the attached by reWASDer config file without a virtual controller. Download - > select the controller - > apply the config - open the game. In case you don't need the Z or C keyboard bindings you may replace to controller one, but select the gamepad mappings for paddles re-assign.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Apologies for the delay in reporting back - everything is now working as it should, many thanks

Comment

Hello,

Great, thank you for the feedback, we do appreciate it.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X