Copying over a directly connected keyboard to USB hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying over a directly connected keyboard to USB hub

Hello, I've mapped my Logitech F310 over to my directly connected keyboard and it works well. However, once I plug the keyboard into my USB hub, the remapping isn't picked up. Is there a way to copy the mappings I've set up in the direct USB connection over to the keyboard over a USB hub? Thanks!

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

If I understood you correctly.

1. Do you remap your gamepad to keyboard and when the keyboard is plugged into the hub mappings on the controller stop working? Besides the controller is connected to the same hub, is it?

2. Do you plug the gamepad into the keyboard (the keyboard has an extra USB connector) and when the keyboard is connected the controller stop being seen in the reWASD?

3. Do you try to remap the keyboard to the controller? In this case, you do not need to use a physical controller as reWASD creates a virtual one and the system sees controller instead of a keyboard.

Note that if you re-plug the keyboard to a different USB connector, the device ID changes and a system sees it as a new device, so you need to remap it over.

Sorry for too many questions, just want to make sure that we're on the same page.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi and many thanks for your reply!

So the same thing happens with my mouse. It seems that when my 4-port hub is between the laptop and my devices, the devices aren't picked up correctly.
      When I remove the hub and my mouse is plugged in directly into the laptop's USB port, it's correctly seen as a Microsoft mouse and I can map different things to it successfully, but via the hub it's picked up as an HID-compliant mouse both in REWASD and the control panel and although the mouse works in Windows, it's remappings don't.

No worries about the questions - it's good to be thorough!

1. Do you remap your gamepad to keyboard and when the keyboard is plugged into the hub mappings on the controller stop working? Besides the controller is connected to the same hub, is it?

Yes - whenever one or both are plugged into the hub they aren't picked up correctly and although I can set some mappings, they have no effect. If I remove the hub and plug both the keyboard and controller (or mouse) directly into the laptop's USB ports they get mapped fine.

2. Do you plug the gamepad into the keyboard (the keyboard has an extra USB connector) and when the keyboard is connected the controller stop being seen in the reWASD?

No - either directly into the laptop's USB ports or the hub's USB ports.

3. Do you try to remap the keyboard to the controller? In this case, you do not need to use a physical controller as reWASD creates a virtual one and the system sees controller instead of a keyboard.

No - I only need to map the controller to the keyboard, not the other way around.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. So it's basically a hardware problem. Devices that are connected directly to the laptop's USB ports work correctly. Perhaps it's a good option to connect controller that way or check another hub to test

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Ah yes that was exactly right! - I went and bought a new USB hub and extension cable and all devices were immediately picked up under the correct names and I could remap happily It was probably an old or outdated hub that still worked for basic stuff but configured itself in a weird way. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hello,

No problem, thank you for let us know that the problem was handled in full.

Have a great gaming experience.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X