Computer won't properly restart or shut down after installing ReWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer won't properly restart or shut down after installing ReWASD

When I try to restart or shutdown my computer it will hang on the shutdown / restart screen. Sometimes it gives a blue screen and other times it just sits there.

Hello,
    Do you have a dump file of BSOD for analyzing? Usually, it stores %SystemRoot%memory.dmp i.e C:\Windows\memory.dmp. Please, check it and send us dump file to find the BSOD reason.

Also, do you have Nvidia drivers installed, and what version?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'll look into getting that information for you. I do use Nvidia drivers, I currently have the Geforce Game Ready Driver 451.67.

Also, for what it's worth, I purchased this product the same time as someone else in my household. They're currently experiencing the same issue, though they haven't had a blue screen yet. It just hangs on "shutting down" and doesn't progress until manually powered down. That's what normally happens for me as well, with the exception of the one time I got a blue scren.

Comment

Hello,

One of our customers says that a downgrade to 446.14 fixed this issue. But unfortunately, from our side, we can't reproduce it with any driver or a controller.

Could you please give us a bit more information, maybe it could help to reproduce.
        1. Could you please try the previous reWASD version (5.3)? You can find it in your personal account at https://www.daemon-tools.cc/account Does the same happen with this one?
        2. Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps, and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
        1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
        2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
        3. Go to File -> Save
        4. Send me to the DM the *.nfo file you get
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'd really rather not downgrade drivers unless that's the only option left available.

1. I can't get the previous versions to work. When I try to install I get the message "Gamepad mapping service is not installed. Some functions are unavailable. Please install the mapping service before using reWASD". Trying to install brings up the same error and reinstalling didn't fix anything either. Reverting back to 5.4 fixes the issue.

2-4. I've tried to send you the DM but the file size is too large.

I have some other issues that have come up as well regarding my controller not working until computer restart, but I'd like to cover that after since I can't currently shut down my computer while having this program installed. Having just purchased it, I'm pretty disappointed. The product is an amazing mapping service but it feels like I get a big issue at every turn. Hopefully we can resolve this.

Comment

Hello,

1. How did you try to install the ver. 5.3? I would recommend uninstalling the 5.4, reboot the PC, install the 5.4 after a PC reboot.

2. You may send the msinfo file official helpdesk - supportcenter@disc-soft.com.

Sorry, that can't help you at once as it's a hard reproducible issue and needs more information from customers who have faced it. I'/m sure that your msinfo will help us to localize the problem
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

To install version 5.3 I followed link and downloaded the installer. I uninstalled version 5.4 and restarted my computer. I then installed version 5.3 and restarted my computer. After booting back up I received the error above. I then uninstalled version 5.3, restarted my computer, installed it and then restarted my computer again. After reinstalling I got the same error as I did before.

I just got finished sending you the email with the requested file. Hopefully we can use this information to find a solution.

Comment

Hello,

I received the msinfo file. Thank you for your cooperation. I contact you as soon as I get any updated information.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It's been over a week and I still haven't heard a single thing back from you guys.

Comment

Hello,

The msinfo 32 file doesn't contain about the problem. Unfortunately, we didn't reproduce the problem in full, so it's the known issue for now. We keep working and contact as soon we have any solution.

Meanwhile, please check if there are any devices are displayed in the joy.cpl after remap is OFF? If so, please disable all physically connected controllers. Are any devices are still there? What controller do you use? Is it officially supported by reWASD or out the supported device list, but is recognized as Xbox 360?
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Joy.cpl shows a controller listed as "Wireless Controller". This appears both when the remap is on and when the remap is off. If I click on the properties button in Joy.cpl while the reWASD remap is on, then Joy.cpl recognizes as my controller. If I turn the remap is off, despite the fact that it still shows "Wireless Controller", it no longer registers my inputs. Furthermore, if I turn the remap back on, the controller no longer functions anywhere else other than in the reWASD application. I have no other controllers connected to my computer and this issue still occurs when all other devices are unplugged from my computer.

These issues are the same for my friend who is also experiencing the same issue as me. I use a Hori Nintendo Switch Battle Pad and they use an official Xbox 360 controller. My Hori Nintendo Switch Battle Pad is recognized as an Xbox 360 controller by your software. While booting up my Hori Nintendo Switch Battle Pad is recognized by Joy.cpl as "Controller (HORIPAD S)" up until reWASD is finished booting, at which point it becomes "Wireless Controller".

Comment

Hello,
                        Thank you for your information.

One more thing does the problem reproduce if kill the Gamepad Controller Mappings service. Does the Wireless Controller is still at joy.cpl?
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The issue still persists if I turn off Gamepad Controller Mappings via the service window and Joy.cpl still recognizes the controller as "Wireless Controller". This persists after unplugging the controller and plugging it back in while Gamepad Controller Mappings is off.. Additionally, when I turn off Gamepad Controller Mappings reWASD also stops recognizing the controller, even if I restart the Gamepad Controller Mappings. It says "Please connect gamepad, keyboard or mouse.If the device is connected already, check if it is not black-listed in Preferences.

Comment

Hello,

"The issue still persists if I turn off Gamepad Controller Mappings via the service window and Joy.cpl still recognizes the controller as "Wireless Controller" - May I ask you to open the Control Panel - > Devices and Printers - > find that Wireless controller - > Hardware -> Properties - > Driver - Driver Details and take the screenshot?
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Here are two screenshots showing the driver details for both the wireless controller and the controller I use.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X