Mapping Keyboard to 2 controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Keyboard to 2 controllers

I just purchased REWASD thinking I could map my keyboard to 2 separate controllers, so player 1 and 2 can use the same keyboard. It's actually an IPAC arcade controller that emulates a keyboard.

I can't figure out if this is possible, however, since it only activates one config at a time per device...

Any help?

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

To use 2 controllers as the single one you may group them first https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap...f-devices.html. After that, you need to add second gamepad sub config - > do mappings - > apply the created configs - > play a game. I put some steps this link, please, check it.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what Im trying to accomplish. Or rather, I explained it poorly.

I have one physical keyboard that I would like to map to 2 seperate virtual 360 controllers. This way, both player 1 and player 2 use the same keyboard.

A lot of arcade controllers are actually keyboard emulators. In my scenerio, I have an IPAC which is basically a keyboard board connected to 2 sets of joysticks and arcade buttons.

ReWASD lets me map the IPAC to a single virtual 360 controller, and Im wondering if its its possible to map to multiple virtual 360 controllers at the same time. This is actually a fairly common situation MAME enthusiasts run into.

Comment

Hello,

I see now. Unfortunately, no, there is no option to create multiple virtual controllers from a single physical device. 1 physical device = 1 virtual controller. But we know about this feature and will try to add it to one of the next releases.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

So it's been a couple years and many of us are lookign for this feature still? How do we split one keyboard into 2 virtual controllers for arcade setups. Please guys this is a needed feature. So many arcade enthusiasts would use your software if you added this. I too bought it thinking I could and no apparently still not possible?

Comment

Hello!

Unfortunately, it is not possible yet. We will make a higher priority for this feature, but I can't tell you the exact ETA at the moment.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              Hello!

Unfortunately, it is not possible yet. We will make a higher priority for this feature, but I can't tell you the exact ETA at the moment.
              Good to know I wasted my time and money on your product this is literally the only reason I wanted to use it

Comment

Hello,

Just checking in. Any chance we may see this feature in the near future? Allowing two virtual controllers to be associated with a single ipac would be a great addition.

Comment

Hi!

No news about any progress on this feature yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X